StudentsReview ™ :: Kettering University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology -- Terre Haute, IN
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Troy, NY
Case Western Reserve University -- Cleveland, OH

Kettering University

I think that overall the school is decent

Dec 14 2011Computer Science
I think that overall the school is decent. I really like some of my teachers/advisers, and I have a great co-op job. The coursework is pretty hard sometimes, and the social life isn't the greatest when compared to other colleges, but it is bearable. If you try to get involved and be social, there are plenty of things to do. For new/incoming students I would recommend getting help as soon as you need it. There are almost always student tutors available. Studying with friends is normally a good idea too, as long as you stay on task.As for cost, the school offers some pretty generous scholarships if you did well in high school and on the ACT/SAT. There are also numerous other scholarships that you can apply for. With the scholarships I received, I pay around $10,000 a year. When you subtract co-op earnings from that, it really isn't bad at all.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C

There are few international

Nov 16 2011Electrical Engineering
There are few international students at Kettering. For me, being an international student, the exposure to Americans has been fun. However, if I was an American, I would not want to go to Kettering since there are so few international students.
Oct 26 2011Electrical Engineering

Do not expect a good job or work experience. Co-op jobs are lacking. Jobs that are available are poor.

Get free info from: Kettering University