StudentsReview ™ :: Kettering University - Comments and Student Experiences

Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute -- Troy, NY
Case Western Reserve University -- Cleveland, OH

Kettering University

Nov 25 2013Mechanical Engineering

Very expensive school. Very challenging and useful courses.

4th Year Male -- Class 2004
Education Quality: A+, Perceived Campus Safety: C

I'm the student in high school that put

Nov 15 2012Computer Engineering
I'm the student in high school that put sport above academics, didn't try at school and still received A's and B's without ever studying for a test. Kettering was a smack in the face, and a good one, it pushes me to do my best and think outside the box all of the time. The new Entrepreneurial approach to the ENTIRE school is really changing the way I look at things. As for remarks on the city, it's really not that bad, plenty of things to do downtown and it's safe, just don't go into bad neighborhoods and no one will ever bother you.My overall experience, Positive!
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-

I think that overall the school is decent

Dec 14 2011Computer Science
I think that overall the school is decent. I really like some of my teachers/advisers, and I have a great co-op job. The coursework is pretty hard sometimes, and the social life isn't the greatest when compared to other colleges, but it is bearable. If you try to get involved and be social, there are plenty of things to do. For new/incoming students I would recommend getting help as soon as you need it. There are almost always student tutors available. Studying with friends is normally a good idea too, as long as you stay on task.As for cost, the school offers some pretty generous scholarships if you did well in high school and on the ACT/SAT. There are also numerous other scholarships that you can apply for. With the scholarships I received, I pay around $10,000 a year. When you subtract co-op earnings from that, it really isn't bad at all.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014