StudentsReview :: The MIAT College of Technology - Comments and Student Experiences

The MIAT College of Technology

My education gained from MIAT provided me with
My education gained from MIAT provided me with a great career ...I have now been in the industry for 20 years career as an A&P sheet metal mechanic has allowed me to travel throughout the states, and internationally, I have always had a job within Aviation, even when the economy was bad I could always find work, and as my career has gone on I get many phone calls for employment. Also knowing and keeping in touch with people I have worked with I can always ask around for the better jobs...All of this is because of my education from MIAT, and the instructors and staff that were dedicated to insure my success...ANYONE can get through this program if they apply themselves, so many different positions available in Aviation maintenance, I did not know when I started what direction I wanted to go , but found I had a knack for structures and had a positive experience with my sheet metal instructor at the time. Mr Rich Whiteside yes I would definitely suggest MIAT to anyone for a good career pathway

Bill Kaminski1997 MIAT A&P grad

This is a clown college.Other
This is a clown college. I went to MIAT after being lied to by admissions representative Mike Young (still works there). He said that between No Worker Left Behind funding and Pell grants, I would practically go to school for free and that was a lie. He said there would be someone to help me find a job while I was in school and introduced me to this guy named Pete Duran whose whole job was helping students find in-school employment. That was a lie too because when I went to look for Pete, they told me he had been laid off and nobody was replacing him! I went to get some of the no cost tutoring and was told I could sit in this room and read my text books, but the guy in charge of the learning resource center was sitting around talking about football and not tutoring anybody. The instructors are all losers who couldn't hack it out in the industry so they work at MIAT and still talk about what a joke the school is. I could have gone to Lansing Community College and saved thousands.
Pros: Great hands on experience for job preparation.Quite BrightOther
Pros: Great hands on experience for job preparation. Wonderful instructors! Lab assistants and LRC personnel are great for tutoring. The tools necessary for testing and jobs are all there. Snap-On guy there all the time to take care of tooling issues.

Cons: Director of Training is bias in his disciplinary actions. There is way too much foul language and harassment. Constant cases of bullying and destruction or theft of peoples personal property. They have allowed a social culture of bias and bullying. This is a bad social dynamic for a college. They don't know how to handle these situations very well because of management incompetence. I would not recommend anyone pay the amount of money this school asks for for the emotional wounding that happened to me and others. I will not finish school here and am in process of moving my credits to another school like AIM or Embry Riddle. I'd rather go to a place that has a fostering social environment than one that depresses students and makes us have a lack of faith in anyone above an instructor level.Advice: Just remember there are a bunch of different people out in the world, and this school does not protect you from bullying or harassment. It doesn't matter if you are male or female. I watched "nerdy" boys get picked on and girls sexually harassed on a daily basis. Protect yourself because Pipesh won't do it for you, Neal and Kamal try, but Chris the "decision maker" won't and views you like a problem. He takes retaliatory measures against you if you cause him "trouble". He says you can't teach professionalism, which is something the LRC instills in people every day, and what the instructors try to do, but he leaves his faculty high and dry in that department. Overall, if they just changed him out, and some of the useless front office people that sit and eat all the time out, they'd save money and have a better school. Get rid of the clingons! Because of how Pipesh is, is why the owner never hears about any of the problems and is left wondering why the attendance is dismal at best. Like companies that have gone under before, you need to change the culture, and that includes changing the management when they are incompetent. Your best friends aren't the ones to do business with. They're just messing you up in the end. Wake up Chuck!

2nd Year Male -- Class 2014