StudentsReview :: Michigan Technological University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI

Michigan Technological University

DO NOT go to Michigan Tech if you

Dec 20 2010Chemical Engineering
DO NOT go to Michigan Tech if you want to have a positive experience at school. The social aspect is the only thing that has any value here. You are assigned random shit for homework and then the exams cover different random shit. The professors don't care about the students they just talk. It took my Chemistry professors three and a half weeks to answer a question I asked him; I first asked him face to face and he said he would email me, after two days I asked him again and he said he would get to it when he had the time...like I said three and a half weeks later I finally got an email. FUCK Michigan Tech do not attend here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F

I can't believe this school is getting good

Sep 13 2010Mechanical Engineering
I can't believe this school is getting good ratings. Maybe because all the students here are hicks.
If you are international, you will go down. I know this in particular, the school discriminates against asians, and most notably arabic people. I have heard stories of saudi students who failed classes because of feminist teachers, who portrayed the arabic world as violent towards woman. I know of atleast 20 saudi guys who were forced to leave after being discriminated upon.

social life is zero, and student are not the best looking.I suggest you look somewhere else, a very weird place indeed.

The bad thing about the school is the

May 17 2011Geography and Geosciences
The bad thing about the school is the location. The main city is Houghton. Houghton is a very small town and has an over zealous police department. Houghton police are quick to arrest students and will use unlawful techniques such as sleep deprivation and deception to gain confessions for offenses which did not occur. While the over-weight and out-of-shape Houghton police are quick to arrest college students, they really lack the physical prowess and police skills to work in a real city like Detroit. I recommend that you go to a school where the local police don't pick on students for entertainment. I was glad when I graduated, the school was pretty good, but the city of Houghton really ruins anything good about the school's location.
4th Year Male -- Class 2007