StudentsReview :: Madonna University - Comments and Student Experiences

Pepperdine University -- Malibu, CA
American University -- Washington, DC

Madonna University

I attended a catholic high school where the

May 14 2014Other
I attended a catholic high school where the work was more challenging. Madonna is over rated - if you have the option to spend your tuition dollars elsewhere, I would encourage it. I was in the sign language program which was ok, not awesome. The best thing about Madonna was that I lived close by and it was an easy drive. I paid almost $500 a credit hour and regret spending so much time/money there. Then there's the request for donations....Just pulled an unofficial transcript where the online class I took a few years ago shows up as a low grade - not one I recall getting after completing the class. I called the department to ask the instructor to verify it - I was told the grade stands since my participation wasn't very good nor did i complete something else?? At $1500 a class, I know I did what was required of me. In Blackboard at that time, my grades didn't reflect this poor grade would be the end result. Of course, they are keeping my $1,500 I paid for the class. It's this kind of thing that has happened to several people I know who have attended there - save yourself the trouble and go elsewhere.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: B, Individual Value: F

The sign language program is one of the

Apr 09 2014Other
The sign language program is one of the best in the country but heavily geared towards interpreting students. However, the area isn't great and there is literally nothing to do. Food is bad and it is a COMMUTER COLLEGE. Activities and extracurriculars are basically nonexistant. While the ASL department is great, other classes are not challenging at all.Students are mostly white, conservative, middle class girls OR inner city Detroit boys on a full ride scholarship. There is a lot of pro-life activity and students don't hesitate to shove their views down your throat.
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F

When I had entered Madonna University I was

Jun 12 2014PreLaw and Legal
When I had entered Madonna University I was very excited because I had academic trouble in the past and was just eager to get the ball rolling and continue with my higher education. When I was first admitted the Admissions department was very helpful and at first everything was fine, and then I met some of the teachers who were very racist, homophobic and rude. I am a queer woman of color so obviously this made me uncomfortable but I tried to hide it or ignore it because I just wanted my education. But I would hear sly comments by professors and other students and the administration just let it happen. I also found them pushing Catholic ideology a little to hard, to the point where I a Catholic felt uncomfortable. I had to see grotesque and inappropriate pro-life pictures on bulletins which were honestly abhorrent and in poor taste. The students were for the most part very privileged and refused to acknowledge that not everyone had the same life experiences. My entire experience at Madonna left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Student Accounts and the Registrar's office were next to impossible to get a hold of, and it wasn't just beuracratic stuff, it was all around unwillingness to work and help the students. My entire experience at Madonna was a mistake and I will have to work so hard to pay the school off and if I could go back in time, I would pick any other school than Madonna University.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014