StudentsReview ™ :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

The purpose of college is to grow in

Jan 15 2014Sociology
The purpose of college is to grow in knowledge and to find your footing in the world - SAU helps you accomplish both. The students are friendly, optimistic, and ready to change the world. The faculty is helpful but they are not enablers - they want you to think for yourself. I grew in faith with Christ - yes this is a Christian Liberal Arts school and it shows in everything that I experienced. The sports complex is cool, and there are always things going on around campus. Not everything is perfect, but the positive outweighed the negative. The campus is small, but not too small. I would attend again.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2006
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: B

I highly advice anyone reading this to not

Nov 23 2013Biology
I highly advice anyone reading this to not come to this school. I have never had problems with being bullied or making friends in high school but when I came here I have been bullied, talked about, and been treated like dirt. This school is not worth $31,000+ because unless you are interested in ministry, the coursework will not help you at all and it does not prepare you for the real world.One more thing; they have very strict rules here and they do not give a person the opportunity to set your own boundaries and have limits. I highly advise people not to attend here or at least do not stay on campus.
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F

This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it

Nov 22 2013Perfomance Arts
This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it here! I'm leaving first chance I get, spring semester. Being here makes me embarrassed to be a Christian. This school is full of snotty, unfriendly, hypocrites. This place is small, the size of a high school. Everyone knows everybody and every secret is out. Cliques everywhere! The classes I am taking has nothing to do with my major. They're all God based classes. I love and praise God but why pray ten times a day? Why judge others when I know I am not perfect? This school is terrible, my advice to students interested in attending, don't bother wasting your time and money. Trust me. I'm literally counting down the days to leave in spring. Find another Christian school or University.
Scholastic Success: B, Education Quality: F