StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

I am currently an employed educator

Sep 05 2014Education
I am currently an employed educator. I was much better prepared coming out of SAU then my colleagues coming out of other universities.When you choose to attend SAU you need to do it because you want to be in a school with like minded individuals. As a Christian I wanted the environment and I thrived in it. If you are looking for a party school SAU is not for you. If you are looking to grow on your faith as well as earn your degree SAU would be a great choice.
4th Year Female -- Class 1993
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B-

The academic departments I

May 25 2014Other
The academic departments I was in (math and business were great) and I really enjoyed it and connected with my professors. The student development office and maintenance were not so great. There are trees that were cheaper than an alternative that smell like fish or feminine products... yuck!!!
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: F

Over priced, over rated

Jun 10 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Over priced, over rated. The faculty an administration have the idea that if you don't tow the line and make them and their "school" look good, then you don't deserve to succeed. Everything you get here you can get elsewhere for half the cost or less. Their financial aid is a joke. Their support system for low to middle income families sending their students to this "school" is non existent. You are highly likely to either drop out or graduate with a massive amount of debt, all because they want a few extra dollars in their pocket. They could care less about your success or the values they claim to uphold. There is nothing good about what they do to their students financially. I graduated unprepared and unqualified for a working world but with such a massive debt that I had no other choice then to take available work and with the experience best described by saying "if you can make a buck off someone, use their faith to get every penny you can, while you can."
Preparedness: F Reputation: F