StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

I highly advice anyone reading this to not

Nov 23 2013Biology
I highly advice anyone reading this to not come to this school. I have never had problems with being bullied or making friends in high school but when I came here I have been bullied, talked about, and been treated like dirt. This school is not worth $31,000+ because unless you are interested in ministry, the coursework will not help you at all and it does not prepare you for the real world.One more thing; they have very strict rules here and they do not give a person the opportunity to set your own boundaries and have limits. I highly advise people not to attend here or at least do not stay on campus.
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: F

This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it

Nov 22 2013Perfomance Arts
This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it here! I'm leaving first chance I get, spring semester. Being here makes me embarrassed to be a Christian. This school is full of snotty, unfriendly, hypocrites. This place is small, the size of a high school. Everyone knows everybody and every secret is out. Cliques everywhere! The classes I am taking has nothing to do with my major. They're all God based classes. I love and praise God but why pray ten times a day? Why judge others when I know I am not perfect? This school is terrible, my advice to students interested in attending, don't bother wasting your time and money. Trust me. I'm literally counting down the days to leave in spring. Find another Christian school or University.
Scholastic Success: B, Education Quality: F

This was the nursing RN to BSN program

Oct 28 2013Nursing
This was the nursing RN to BSN program. The coursework is all written papers, which is okay, but all the papers are the same topic over and over. The instructors are judgemental of anyone outside of thier own faith to the point that I was told i was in a cult for being of a different branch of Christianity--and a rather normal branch at that! My grade was affected by my faith and on multiple occasions I experienced rude, close minded, and bigoted ideas being taught in class. I felt sad and stuck in this program. I am sorry that this kind of Christianity exists. The only learning I experienced in terms of actual nursing were things I did on my own. I was asked to examine how I treated patients of different faiths....it never occurred to me to treat my patients differently for any reason, let alone their faith.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014