StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

Campus News:

Goodbye Bubble!

This school is a petri dish of Christian

Apr 17 2013Nursing
This school is a petri dish of Christian ignorance. Don't go here if you aren't a complete wacko when it comes to your faith. Expect to pray more than you learn, rewrite history in favor of Christ, and have hatful remarks jammed down your throat. I am a Christian, and the attitude of the people at this school is what gives Christians a bad name. For shame.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Innovation: F

This school is a great place to find

Apr 01 2013Religion/Religious
This school is a great place to find yourself as part of a community. Its the school to attend if you want real and intimate relationships. While not in the middle of the city, its only 10 minutes to downtown Jackson. A conservative school with conservative rules and attitudes. No drinking or drugs makes for a VERY safe environment to learn. Teachers are available 24/7. SAU is committed to strengthening its students faith in God and making sure every student feels valuable.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Surrounding City: C-

This was the nursing RN to BSN program

Oct 28 2013Nursing
This was the nursing RN to BSN program. The coursework is all written papers, which is okay, but all the papers are the same topic over and over. The instructors are judgemental of anyone outside of thier own faith to the point that I was told i was in a cult for being of a different branch of Christianity--and a rather normal branch at that! My grade was affected by my faith and on multiple occasions I experienced rude, close minded, and bigoted ideas being taught in class. I felt sad and stuck in this program. I am sorry that this kind of Christianity exists. The only learning I experienced in terms of actual nursing were things I did on my own. I was asked to examine how I treated patients of different faiths....it never occurred to me to treat my patients differently for any reason, let alone their faith.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014