StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

Jun 26 2012Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Probably about half of the people in my freshman experience group transferred out. Trust me, there is a reason for it. It is a good place to get noncompetitive, independent research positions if you are a science majors, but the resources here are quite lacking. Moreover, most of the student body is really conservative and very close-minded. Some are rather snooty and judgmental as well. You might fit here, but unless you are a conservative Christian, I would STRONGLY advise applying somewhere else.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: F
May 26 2012Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Extremely expensive, Admin is useless, no guidance or help after graduation, I honestly feel like I was suckered into a program. I really should have gone somewhere else. Dont bother getting your Bachelors in Management and Organizational Development. I was told "This is exactly what you need". It is a worthless degree. Everyone in class thought the whole school was a farce, we went from 18 students in our group down to 6. I guess the ones that made it through were actually the dumb ones. I received a 3.46 GPA and got absolutely nothing out of it other than a personal confirmation that I was indeed a very good leader in the management field. That's it! At one point we questioned the staff if this was even a legit course?? Was it a state certified course? We never really got an answer, just a bunch of runaround talk. We all felt robbed of our tuition money.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2009
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Education Quality: F
Apr 11 2012Social Work
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I transferred in as a sophmore. I want to first give some advice on being a transfer. Be very careful about what major and minor you are picking for example. Several people I know personally had to drop their minor because the admission rep did not tell them the classes would be offered at the same time for their major and minor. I ended up having to drop my minor because of this. Also as a transfer they do not tell you about many activities you can be involved in on campus and that there are certain requirements for it. All transfers I know got their classes messed up due to poor advising.

The social work program is one of the largest programs on campus. Yet there are only 3 professors, which are all great. But three professors leaves you with limited resources there will be a certain class for social work that will only be offered in the fall at one time with no other options. Some may like this but others who want to be able to have a minor may not.The school is overall good. The problem is they have limited resources. I wanted to go to a small christian schhol, but once I got here I realized I had limited resources. Its hard to join groups and to get on campus jobs, and overall going to a big school would be a better choice, because they can offer you more resources and have a better education.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014