StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

I attended SAU for completion of my BSN

Oct 04 2008Nursing
I attended SAU for completion of my BSN degree (bachelors in nursing). I was already an RN for many years and finally took the plunge and went back to school. I cannot say enough good things about the program. The faculty were behind the students 100%. I grew as a nurse and a person through this program. Going to Spring Arbor University was one of the best decisions I ever made.
Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

I am currently an employed educator

Sep 05 2014Education
I am currently an employed educator. I was much better prepared coming out of SAU then my colleagues coming out of other universities.When you choose to attend SAU you need to do it because you want to be in a school with like minded individuals. As a Christian I wanted the environment and I thrived in it. If you are looking for a party school SAU is not for you. If you are looking to grow on your faith as well as earn your degree SAU would be a great choice.
4th Year Female -- Class 1993
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B-

Spring Arbor University is a academically strong school

May 10 2008Religion/Religious
Spring Arbor University is a academically strong school. You learn a lot in one semester of course this means papers and reading.

The campus student body and staff is growing rapidly. Several new buildings have been built in the last few years.

Conservitive school but more flexible that most. There are open hours in which the opposite sex can be in eachothers rooms. It is a Weslyan/Free Methodist school and Wesleyanism is dominant but teachers dont shoot down differring ideas they welcome and encourage them in the class room.

Spring Arbor is a really small town with not much in it. The largest city is Jackson which is about 10 mins away. It is a pretty depressed area because of Michigans poor economy but it still offers, theaters, bowling, indoor golf, down town shopping, malls, resturaunts, etc. It is also 30 mins away from Lansiing, Ann Arbor, and Battle

Creek.
Campus safety is rather pathetic- Students with flashlights but we dont have too much to worry about eihter.

Teachers know student personally. They take the time to mentor them, eat lunch with them and answer any questions.

Student life is great. Bands kutless, sanctus real, starfield, bethany dillon have all performed on campus.

SAU is growing more popular all the time and has the potential to become a major player in Christian schools.

1st Year Male -- Class 2010