StudentsReview :: Spring Arbor University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI
Cornell University -- Ithaca, NY

Spring Arbor University

This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it

Nov 22 2013Perfomance Arts
This school is absolutely terrible! I hate it here! I'm leaving first chance I get, spring semester. Being here makes me embarrassed to be a Christian. This school is full of snotty, unfriendly, hypocrites. This place is small, the size of a high school. Everyone knows everybody and every secret is out. Cliques everywhere! The classes I am taking has nothing to do with my major. They're all God based classes. I love and praise God but why pray ten times a day? Why judge others when I know I am not perfect? This school is terrible, my advice to students interested in attending, don't bother wasting your time and money. Trust me. I'm literally counting down the days to leave in spring. Find another Christian school or University.
Scholastic Success: B, Education Quality: F

This was the nursing RN to BSN program

Oct 28 2013Nursing
This was the nursing RN to BSN program. The coursework is all written papers, which is okay, but all the papers are the same topic over and over. The instructors are judgemental of anyone outside of thier own faith to the point that I was told i was in a cult for being of a different branch of Christianity--and a rather normal branch at that! My grade was affected by my faith and on multiple occasions I experienced rude, close minded, and bigoted ideas being taught in class. I felt sad and stuck in this program. I am sorry that this kind of Christianity exists. The only learning I experienced in terms of actual nursing were things I did on my own. I was asked to examine how I treated patients of different faiths....it never occurred to me to treat my patients differently for any reason, let alone their faith.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Campus Maintenance: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: D-

Over priced, over rated

Jun 10 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Over priced, over rated. The faculty an administration have the idea that if you don't tow the line and make them and their "school" look good, then you don't deserve to succeed. Everything you get here you can get elsewhere for half the cost or less. Their financial aid is a joke. Their support system for low to middle income families sending their students to this "school" is non existent. You are highly likely to either drop out or graduate with a massive amount of debt, all because they want a few extra dollars in their pocket. They could care less about your success or the values they claim to uphold. There is nothing good about what they do to their students financially. I graduated unprepared and unqualified for a working world but with such a massive debt that I had no other choice then to take available work and with the experience best described by saying "if you can make a buck off someone, use their faith to get every penny you can, while you can."
Preparedness: F Reputation: F