StudentsReview :: Western Michigan University - Comments and Student Experiences

Michigan State University -- East Lansing, MI
Central Michigan University -- Mount Pleasant, MI
University of Michigan Ann Arbor -- Ann Arbor, MI

Western Michigan University

Western Michigan is my

Jun 16 2014Criminal
Western Michigan is my home. I am glad I chose this school. People are friendly and helpful. Faculty know what it is like to not know exactly what you want to do in life and go out of their way to help you. Here you are a person, not a number.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B

This school is essentially the safety school for

Apr 09 2014Unknown
This school is essentially the safety school for well-to-do kids who aren't the brightest from the Chicago and Detroit suburbs (the affluent ones). There is more emphasis placed on diversity and inclusion than academics and merit. That being said there are a couple students who come to WMU on scholarship who are brilliant. It's too bad they're trapped at this awful school due to finances.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

The veteran programs are horrible

Jun 03 2014Other
The veteran programs are horrible. They keep spouting nonsense of being veteran friendly but the send you in circles and just take your hard earned education benefits. I kicked butt to try and finish my aviation program in three years and the administration keep putting holds on my education at least once a month. I would go else where however I only have 4 classes to go in the flight aviation program and they holding me from completing. With all the hurdle nonsense I have gone through and harassment I have dealt with for being a combat veteran I suggest anyone to take your hard earned money elsewhere such as Purdue. You would be doing yourself a favor. I was told verbatim by one of the staff at the college of aviation that I am wasting tax payers dollars getting my education. Many of the staff including counselors are also to busy doing research in far away places or recruiting in other classes to do their jobs.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015