StudentsReview :: Bethel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethel University

I came to bethel with the hopes IBrightPsychology
I came to bethel with the hopes I would have a fun and educational college experience. I found in my first couple of months here "fun" has a different definition. I live in a suite with 5 other girls and their definition of a super fun Friday night is watching a movie or maybe knitting a scarf. Which was fine with me I enjoy a chill night every now and then. However the bethel bubble is a real thing and I very quickly got sick of it. If you're somebody who wants to party all week believe me this is not the school for you! However I found that as long as you have friends at the U or somewhere else in the area, the thought of the weekend tends to get you through the week. I like bethel during the week because I can get my sleep, eat healthy food, and in general be a good kid with good grades. On weekends I turn into a hood rat and smoke and drink with my friends at the U. I honestly have come to like this double life, just because if I went to the U for school I would definitely party full time. Christian atmosphere is pretty good, expect to get judged if you drink, smoke, or are gay. Everything else is pretty much ok as long as you don't swear a lot like I do, but I've gotten used to it. My advice to anybody coming in here would be to not be fake in your search for real friends. If you don't want to be in the homeschooled jesus freak friend group, don't act like it then just because bethel wants you to, be yourself and let the people judge, true friends will come and you will get the college experience you deserve
more→Jan 07 2015
Individual Value: A+, Social Life: F
Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz iBrightBiology
Mmmkay well i came to bethel cuz i wanted to go to a different state, i liked the location, and i thought it would be chill to be in a christian environment. Didn't know it would be so conservative. listen. if you a very christian individual coming from a private christian high school, you would fit in great here. If you are anyone who is looking to come for a genuine college experience, do not come to bethel. There is absolutely no parties on campus, no drinking on campus, and it is extremely hard to find people that do party. I was lucky to find a small group of dudes that were down to drink. Luckily i lived 500 miles away, so i could have a car here. We go to the U of MN frequently to help escape the bethel bubble, but in all honesty, the U isn't that great. Unless you have friends in frats there, good luck getting in. If you do get in, chances of finding a decent party with dancing and music are slim. Basically don't come to bethel if you want a party scene, and don't expect to find a GREAT one if you go off campus to the U.

If you want to get in a relationship and find the one you love and want to marry, come to bethel. If you are looking for a few hookups and maybe have a thing with someone, odds are you won't find that here. People are very sheltered here, so do not swear or crack sexual jokes. People will not accept you.

In my class i would say there are probably 8 girls that would scale above a "7". not a ton of hot girls here. And if you do find one, good luck. she probably already has a boyfriend.On the plus side the campus is nice because everything is fairly close together, its a gated college so you definitely feel secure, and the professors/education aspect of it is great too. There is a chapel service every day of the week, and a large worship every sunday night. You should have no problems with staining your faith here.

more→Oct 26 2014
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: D-
The professors are the best part about thisQuite BrightFinance
The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for you to talk, get advice from, and clarify anything if you have questions. The dorms are overall pretty nice. The student population is rather friendly, but there is more diversity than you would think from the surface. There is a pressure to be 'cool' by being athletic and/or rich and some people are hypocritical, but there are a lot of genuinely kind people who are trying to develop themselves as overall people as well. You just need to look hard enough.
more→Oct 16 2014