StudentsReview :: Bethel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethel University

Feb 08 2012Chemistry

Good school with a gorgeous campus! Kind of on the expensive side....BUT well worth it. Students are a close knit commmunity.

1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Faculty Accessibility: A-

Bethel University is an awesome school

Feb 01 2012Nursing
Bethel University is an awesome school. I LOVE it here! I am in the nursing program and have to say that I have not been disappointed at all. The teachers/Prof are there and ready to help you learn to the highest caliber possible. I am challenged and tested to be the BEST! The campus is beautiful and extremely clean. The dorms are nice and spacious. Yes, there are rules here but they are not hard to follow and I dont feel tied down at all. The staff and students are fun loving and easy to get along with. The price is a little high but I do feel that I am getting the best education possible!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F

At the beginning I felt completely out of

Apr 09 2012Psychology
At the beginning I felt completely out of place. My family was Catholic and we never went to church and I felt like an outsider when I first came to Bethel. I came to play sports not to find my relationship with God. That being said the first months were hard. I made some super religious friends and eventually we had a falling out. A warning: many of the freshman put on a very religious attitude in the beginning, however usually this facade begins to calm down as the months go on. Some girls put on a fake attitude the entire time and still think they are in high school, but people will ignore them and they typically transfer anyways. Eventually, you begin to see people as people again and not apostles.

However, as time grows on, I have made new friends and we all accept each other for who we are. I love the sports programs and I love the people on my team. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. The food is amazing. However, if you are an out of state student, almost all freshman leave on weekends. There is also not much to do on weekends which is why most people go home. You have to take religious courses, but as long as you go to class you should can pass them.

If you are religious you will love this school. They are very open with religion where you pray in classes and discuss how God is in your life. They have chapel on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday which most people seem to enjoy going to. Even if you aren't religious, it is a great community once you find the right people. You will get a great education here. The courses tend to be challenging but fair in my opinion. If you are going into nursing, chemistry, or biology this is especially true, where the nursing program itself only admits 60% of applicants. There isn't much partying that goes on, but if that's your scene you can find other people who will join you. Believe it or not people do drink at Bethel just not as much as people who go to state schools or large universities.Bethel takes time to get used to, but in my experience it was worthwhile. I've met some amazing people and I love the psychology department. Many people don't understand why I stay at Bethel because I'm not religious, but I've learned to adapt and make the best of the situation. Those who are religious seem to really enjoy the campus and furthering their relationship with God. Overall, be patient and you will see that this school is pretty amazing.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014