StudentsReview :: Bethel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethel University

There are quite a few things you shouldQuite BrightAthletics/Training
There are quite a few things you should know about Bethel before you join. First off, a lot of people can be incredibly cheery and nice, and sometimes you just want to punch them in the face for that. If you enjoy people smiling at you at six in the morning, and not hearing a curse word for five straight months, then you should be just peachy here. I thought I was just going insane, but apparently they beat me to it.

Second of all, you will find some people who are not bat-shit crazy, but on the flip-side, you will find the people who are in the Intro to Bible class saying, "Were dinosaurs really on the Arc?" and those people shouldn't live. Okay I'm not going to say they shouldn't live. They should just stay in their little "take everything as I've been taught since I was 2" Bible circle.

What else can I say about Bethel? Oh yes, the classrooms? Horrible. I've seen better classrooms in my High School than what I found there. Where's your $35,000 going towards? Mission trips? No one cares; let's try to fix the classrooms first, maybe work on lowering tuition. It costs three arms and fifteen legs to get into the school, and quite a few people have dropped out after one or two years because they couldn't afford to finish their education.

And it continues. Their parking lots? Horrible. Security? The epitome of stupid. There are stories that you would not believe. Incredibly dense, out to grab as much money from you as possible. That's right, it costs to have a parking permit. I'm sorry, and here I thought this wasn't High School.The teachers are nice, though, they do care about your education. Some more so than others. Some want you to be more concerned with your faith, and that's fine if that's what you need, but there are some sheltered kids at this school that will probably fail miserably once they graduate, and they can thank their little bubble for that.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2010
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F
I live about 2 feet away from bethel,andQuite BrightEnglish
I live about 2 feet away from bethel,and I am going to tell you my observations and what the community thinks about it. Bethel lies to you right off the bat when they say it is in Saint Paul. It is in a suburb 20 minutes or so (by car) away from the cities. The suburb is pretty and affluent, but incredibly boring. It is a sheltered place and not a place that fosters the sort of experiences people should have in their college years. I always believed Bethel was essentially a community college with 600 or so students. Academically i wasn't far off, i was shocked to find out that this dumpy little campus had over 3,000 living on it. Bethel is not well respected. some girls are hot, they must be fit because the biggest driving hazards in my neighborhood are the hordes of Bethel joggers. A lot of the guys hit on the slutty girls in my high school and cradle rob (Mounds View, Bethel uses our sports facilities because it doesn't really have any). I assume they do this because all the girls are super religous and are total prudes (or so i'm told). The town has no bas or restaurants, just a target and some fast food. Now that i'm i senior and looking at schools i couldn't imagine going to this boring chapel of a college. If you like jesus, a boring town (It's safe and has very nice people), ugly girls and creepy guys then bethel is for you. Basically the guys are known for being dumb jocks, and the girls babysat me and all my friends when we were little because no one expected them to do anything wrong. If you're not religious don't come here, and if you are maybe you should consider another school so you can have your beliefs challenged a little and break out of your bubble. After all, your ideas don't mean anything if they can't withstand the Ideas of people outside of your faith.
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
My time at BethelQuite BrightUndecided
My time at Bethel has been great. There a ton of great people who take their faith seriously and work hard in their classes. There's a lot to do, besides homework, and although things can be rather slow on the weekends there's not much time to get bored.
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Perceived Campus Safety: C+

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

University of Iowa (IA) 1:neutral

Virginia State University (VA) 1:neutral

Bob Jones University (SC) 1:positive

Bethel University
Compare BethelSave Bethel

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→