StudentsReview :: Bethel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethel University

At the beginning I felt completely out ofBrightPsychology
At the beginning I felt completely out of place. My family was Catholic and we never went to church and I felt like an outsider when I first came to Bethel. I came to play sports not to find my relationship with God. That being said the first months were hard. I made some super religious friends and eventually we had a falling out. A warning: many of the freshman put on a very religious attitude in the beginning, however usually this facade begins to calm down as the months go on. Some girls put on a fake attitude the entire time and still think they are in high school, but people will ignore them and they typically transfer anyways. Eventually, you begin to see people as people again and not apostles.

However, as time grows on, I have made new friends and we all accept each other for who we are. I love the sports programs and I love the people on my team. The campus is absolutely gorgeous. The food is amazing. However, if you are an out of state student, almost all freshman leave on weekends. There is also not much to do on weekends which is why most people go home. You have to take religious courses, but as long as you go to class you should can pass them.

If you are religious you will love this school. They are very open with religion where you pray in classes and discuss how God is in your life. They have chapel on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday which most people seem to enjoy going to. Even if you aren't religious, it is a great community once you find the right people. You will get a great education here. The courses tend to be challenging but fair in my opinion. If you are going into nursing, chemistry, or biology this is especially true, where the nursing program itself only admits 60% of applicants. There isn't much partying that goes on, but if that's your scene you can find other people who will join you. Believe it or not people do drink at Bethel just not as much as people who go to state schools or large universities.Bethel takes time to get used to, but in my experience it was worthwhile. I've met some amazing people and I love the psychology department. Many people don't understand why I stay at Bethel because I'm not religious, but I've learned to adapt and make the best of the situation. Those who are religious seem to really enjoy the campus and furthering their relationship with God. Overall, be patient and you will see that this school is pretty amazing.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Social Life: C
My time at BethelQuite BrightUndecided
My time at Bethel has been great. There a ton of great people who take their faith seriously and work hard in their classes. There's a lot to do, besides homework, and although things can be rather slow on the weekends there's not much time to get bored.
1st Year Male -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Perceived Campus Safety: C+
I have spent three years so far atQuite BrightPhysics
I have spent three years so far at Bethel and wouldn't trade them for anything. During freshman year there were a plethora of people I could have become friends with. Everyone is friendly and accepting of others. One unique thing about Bethel is that so many of these people are 'quality people.' Sure, there are your normal partiers who will come back drunk most weekend nights, but at Bethel they are the minority. Since we aren't drinking all the time, it creates a community were there are many other things to do. (aka, if you want to just party in college, Bethel probably isn't the place for you... but if you want a place where there is lots more to do that just party- then Bethel IS the place for you).The academics I have found at Bethel are top notch. Many of my professors (especially in my major, Physics) have qualifications well above what I would have expected from a private liberal arts college. They are actively involved in research and are giving papers all around the world quite regularly. The unique part is though, these professors are still completely interested as you in a person and will put in the time to help you. For example, I have one professor who just came to Bethel from working at a large national laboratory and still invites us over to have breakfast at his house over study week and is someone I can talk to about anything from politics, to relationships, to physics. The students are not just a group of people they need to teach, they are individuals.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2008
Education Quality: A+, Innovation: A-

Eastern University (PA) 1:negative

Kansas City Art Institute (MO)

Old Dominion University (VA) 1:positive 1:advice

Harvard University (MA) 1:advice

Bethel University
Compare BethelSave Bethel

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→