StudentsReview :: Bethel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Bethel University

The professors are the best part about this

Oct 15 2014Finance
The professors are the best part about this school. They genuinely care for you as a whole person... not just your academic success but your overall well being and future. They are always there for you to talk, get advice from, and clarify anything if you have questions. The dorms are overall pretty nice. The student population is rather friendly, but there is more diversity than you would think from the surface. There is a pressure to be 'cool' by being athletic and/or rich and some people are hypocritical, but there are a lot of genuinely kind people who are trying to develop themselves as overall people as well. You just need to look hard enough.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, University Resource Use: C

Small school that fails to avoid the numbers,

Apr 04 2014Economics
Small school that fails to avoid the numbers, money, and degree factory feel. Bethel economics is likely one of the worst programs in the nation. Professors with the most exposure to students have extreme lacking in professional experience and bring only close-minded ideas and opinions into the classroom. They assign grades based on this same close-minded approach, if you don't think what they think then you are very very wrong. If you want every part of your free-thinking self to die on your way to an Econ. degree, then by all means attend Bethel. Disgrace of a school. Administration could care less either. Students are obviously an afterthought, and we're supposed to be the customers. Absolute garbage school.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F

I had previously attended a different university before

May 24 2013Business - Management and Administration
I had previously attended a different university before deciding on Bethel. I had relatives who went there which is why I made the decision, but I should have listened to my friends and close family who told me to maybe go somewhere more "fun."

If you are a student looking to transfer to a different University, or if you do not know anyone who goes to Bethel and you plan on living off campus, then Bethel is NOT the place for you.Living off campus makes it very, very hard to find your place and feel welcome. In my first few months there, I hated going to class. I felt (and still feel) very left out and unwelcome. I like to enjoy life and have fun and I am a very, very social person but I have found no happiness at Bethel. Most of the students are very sheltered and seem so innocent- they just enjoy living in their Bethel bubble. It's somewhat refreshing to hear that there are other students who do not feel welcome at the school; when I walk around I feel like I am the only one who doesn't fit in. The profs are good and the education is good, but everyone seems very close minded. This is NOT a place for transfer students who plan on living off campus with non-Bethel people.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014