StudentsReview :: Saint Cloud State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Saint Cloud State University

If you're looking for a great and affordableQuite BrightAccounting
If you're looking for a great and affordable education, look elsewhere. If you're conservative or even independent look else where. I live in an on-campus apartment and I'll admit it's pretty nice, but that's about the only nice thing around here. The courses are filled with politics, I choose not to identify myself with a political party but this school is as liberal as it gets. They require diversity courses that are required to graduate no matter what your major is, they claim to provide things for every type of student(black, native American, etc.). They don't, if you're a white male be prepared to be ignored. This school may have things for every type of person but believe me, they cater to black students more than anything. Every class has politics involved in it somehow, ita inevitable. In fact, my communications professor actually implied that you are stupid if you don't vote the way she does. They constantly teach that whites are bad and they do nothing good. Within the first week of classes, there was a sexual assault in a residence hall. This school has no value of proper education all the students are practically alcoholics even if the campus claims they have it under control. The business department, which I am a part of, is great. Everyone is helpful and politics are kept to a minimum. However, I've heard terrible things about the professors in other departments. Half of them can't speak English, the other half of them has no idea what they're talking about. Some of them even have both problems. As I said before, I'm a business major and I'm trying to sit for my CPA test when I graduate. This is a terrible decision. This school is not cheap, my bill for the entire year was 21k for 17 credits. The advisors are about as bad as it gets here. If you don't have an intended major you will be completely neglected. If you decide to come here try to have a general idea of what you want to do. I'm a first generation college student and up until I got into the business school, the advisors were incredibly difficult to work with. The student body here is terrible. They're incredibly disrespectful to anyone who doesnt agree with them. In fact in the last week there has been two separate incidents of students assaulting a man who was expressing beliefs they didn't agree with. One kid stomped in the man's windshield and the other slammed the man's possessions on the ground and screamed at him. The city of St Cloud is terrible. It's incredibly unsafe, a friend of mine was held at gunpoint. A female friend of mine was driving one night and a car in front of her stopped and the car behind her locked her in place. It's not a great place to be safety wise.

This place is not worth the money and if I could I would transfer now.They have certain goals you have to meet in order to graduate and they are a joke. You're required to take ethnicity courses, diversity courses, and pretty much anything else that you can think of the is completely unrelated to the business world.

1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Campus Maintenance: A, Individual Value: F
I am non traditional and older than theFinance
I am non traditional and older than the average college student. The business school is good. The finance department is seriously underrated and fairly well respected by the greater Minnesota business community. Focusing mainly on the Finance side of education, it really is all about what you put into it, I have classmates who are making as much as top tier college grads. I have as many opportunities as I could hope for.

If you take advantage of the teachers, who will make time for you, and do extra curricular activities they will benefit you. The employers who come to the school will look for them and will select the students who do them.

Avoid this school if you're looking to goSchool of Information
Avoid this school if you're looking to go into information systems or computer science. The professors, aside from two I can think of, truly did not know their own so subject matter. You will be very frustrated by how outdated most of the curriculum is and how bad they are at teaching it.St. Cloud is also a town to be avoided. Take my advice and go to Duluth.
Saint Cloud State University