StudentsReview :: Columbia College - Comments and Student Experiences

Columbia Union College -- Takoma Park, MD
University of the District of Columbia -- Washington, DC

Columbia College

Keep looking for other schools!Quite BrightComputer Science
Keep looking for other schools! Every class is a weeding out class and the professors think that all you should be doing is school work. They don't consider that people have to work to afford the high cost of tuition here. Professors are not clear in their teaching methods or curriculum's and they are not helpful towards the students education success. And forget about the higher faculty helping an individual to change anything because it is a small campus school so the professors and faculty protect one and another without consideration to the sacrifices made upon the students education. This will be the 1st Bachelors degree I have received but the 3rd overall degree that I have received and if I had it to do over again, I would go somewhere else where the student's education matters!
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Campus Maintenance: A, Education Quality: F
When I attended the campus, staff was helpfulQuite BrightSociology
When I attended the campus, staff was helpful and friendly. I think since the college has grown, they no longer value their students. However, many who work there now may not know that the school was once called Christian College, and almost went bankrupt in the 70's and 80's. The online and evening school saved them. I was planning to return for another degree, but decided to attend a University with a much friendlier support staff and a better educational experience. I would suggest trying Grand Canyon University
4th Year Female -- Class 2000
Campus Maintenance: A, Faculty Accessibility: F
There are only three things I do notQuite BrightFinance
There are only three things I do not like about this school; but they are big. This school is not military friendly, they claim to be, but they do not submit your benefits until after you've been in the class 1 week. Meaning you are delayed each semester on getting BAH and book stipends. Their reasoning is because some people may drop a class and they will have submitted their paperwork. I cross register since #2 they only allow you to take 2 courses per 8 weeks. I am a big boy I can decide what load I can handle. So I go to a second college so I can take a heavier load, that school submits my GI Bill benefits weeks in advance so I can not be delayed. Lastly, SOME staff are very unhelpful during class. If you have a problem you are told to find YouTube videos. In an online environment some students are begging, literally begging for help with no reply. One subject I understood well enough that I typed up a paper for that student so they could better understand what was troubling them. I would not chose this school if I had it to do over again. No flipping way.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015