StudentsReview :: College of the Ozarks - Comments and Student Experiences

College of the Ozarks

If you do not

Feb 24 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
If you do not want to work very hard academically or earn a worthwhile degree in your field, but you want to gain practical work experience during your college years, then this is the college for you.
Starting Job: Teaching Assistant Preparedness: F Reputation: C-

While I do not feel four years could

Jan 12 2014Education
While I do not feel four years could adequately prepare anyone to go into a high poverty school and reach success immediately, College of the Ozarks paved the way for me. Not only did an administrator personally call to give me a job recommendation, but multiple members of the faculty and administration have continued to stay connected with me and have become a valuable resource. I would not be where I am today without College of the Ozarks. I am 28 years old, own my own home and have 0 debt. Not many people who go into education can say that.
Starting Job: Teacher Preparedness: C Reputation: B+

My overall experience was a positive one

Jan 17 2014Business - Management and Administration
My overall experience was a positive one. I made some life long friends and had some great professors. I know of at least three my professors that are no longer at College of the Ozarks. The on campus work experience was an interesting one, Everyone has to work 15 hours a week and 2 forty hours work weeks per year. These work hours help pay for your tuition so, the good thing is that I left school owing $2700. I know completely unheard of! I have been able to follow my dreams without hesitation. Once a person has a degree its up to them what they do with it. I am really tired of people blaming outside influences on their success or failure.
Starting Job: Assistant Manager Preparedness: B+ Reputation: B+