StudentsReview :: College of the Ozarks - Comments and Student Experiences

College of the Ozarks

HI, i am considering to attend the Ozarks

Nov 28 2011Unknown
HI, i am considering to attend the Ozarks i would like to get some response to help me in my decision if its a good one. Like any other, i do not know much about the place but from what i've read its mostly negative. I am looking to get a bachelor's in environmental studies. Please do help me in my decision. . .please respond.

I do not tell anyone that I graduated

Apr 18 2011Other
I do not tell anyone that I graduated from the School of the Ozarks; rather, I give them the name of my graduate school which has a stellar reputation in the Midwest. Since the 1980s and particularly under the ultra-conservative regime of President Jerry Davis, the College has been in steep decline. An internet search will spell out the reasons why. It's very sad because other family members have attended and they are appalled at what has happened over the years. There's a reason why few Alumni return--even for class reunions--and do not donate. All C of O requests to me for money go straight into the trash.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F

In the business department, there are different areas;

Nov 30 2011Business - Management and Administration
In the business department, there are different areas; Marketing, Management, International. My area was International. The teacher needs to either be fired or readjusted. He's a somewhat nice guy, but cannot understand him because of his foreign accent. It really sucks when he teaches all the international classes and they are all the same. Every single one. It makes it easy of course to get used to him after having the same course, but he mostly grades on how much he likes you. I had a final that I know I did 100% right on and I even double checked it. He gave me a 77. The next class, I made sure that he liked me and didn't even really try to study- got a 98%. So if you are going into an international program, do not come to CoFo.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011