StudentsReview ™ :: College of the Ozarks - Comments and Student Experiences

College of the Ozarks

There are many good

Aug 29 2010History/Histories (art history/etc.)
There are many good things about CofO. The education is almost free as it is a work study college. It is also a decent education. However, CofO has a lot of rules, some unnecessary. It is not a school for everyone.
4th Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: F

At C of O absolutely everything is about

Aug 16 2010Music Education
At C of O absolutely everything is about how the school looks to the public, not the student's well-being. Just look at the buildings, and I should know about them I worked in custodial. Which building has the most money put into it? The Keeter Center, where all the guests stay, and coming in second the administration's housing. Which buildings are the worst, the dorms and coming in second the main educational buildings. The rules are there so they can be boasted about. And if you don't follow them, you face expulsion. The administration doesn't care about students personal growth, all they care about is how the school looks.

That being said, the professors, for the most part, tend to care an awful lot about their student's personal growth. The high point of my time at the school was definitely the music faculty. Very approachable and very interested in, not only the academic well being of their students, but their emotional and spiritual well-being as well.

It's important to note that C of O is not a school that prepares well for graduate school. That was my mistake. C of O mostly prepares for careers right out of college, and they do a good job of that from what I can tell. But if you're looking into graduate school or if it might ever be an option for you, look elsewhere for your bachelor's.

C of O is also not a school for the liberal, minority, homosexual, or non-Christian. These students will absolutely not fit in at C of O, but, then again, I'm a generally moderate, white, straight Christian and I even felt out of place. My point here is this, if you are a parent, or have a parent, who feels the need to "fix" your "broken" child by saying you'll pay for their college but only if they go to a "Christian" school like C of O. All I have to say is: DON'T! It's rather counter productive if you ask me.

Honestly, I feel like I've wasted my time at C of O trying to live up to someone else's standards. I think my time would have been spent better at a community college where for two years I could save money (live at home, have scholarships to pay for school, and work for actual money), get an associate's, think about my major for bachelor's, and think about what college I'll even go to. in the end, it doesn't matter if you go to a community college before you go to a 4 year school. And I'd say it's a MUCH better option than this prison of a school.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: F
Nov 14 2009English

Biggest waste of my time in my life. This college SUCKS!

Starting Job: Computer Technician Preparedness: F Reputation: F