StudentsReview ™ :: College of the Ozarks - Comments and Student Experiences

College of the Ozarks

If I could go back I would

Jan 28 2013Communications
If I could go back I would....and I would have NEVER gone here! I spent what was supposed to be the best 4 years of my life having the worst 4 years of my life. I was very involved on campus, had a great GPA, and I experienced another college as well. It was horrible. If you transfer in you lose the scholarships at your previous university and can't go back. As someone who supports all the values they do, it's appalling to see them say they stand for these values when they only do it to raise funds. I have a decent job now, and it's completely in spite of CofO. This should only be an option if you really can't go anywhere else.
4th Year Male -- Class 2011
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Useful Schoolwork: F

SofO was well regarded in regionally back in

Apr 03 2012Chemistry
SofO was well regarded in regionally back in the 80's. I don't know that it is so much now.
To be honest, SofO was a pretty light weight school. I think my son's catholic high school is more rigorous academically in many subjects.

My first year in the real world, I learned as much as I did in college.
My kids have gone exclusively to private catholic schools, but the religious fanaticism that emanates from CofO really gives me the creeps.HOWEVER, I did come out debt free, and my parents couldn't have afforded another college.

Starting Job: software engineer Preparedness: B Reputation: B-

HI, i am considering to attend the Ozarks

Nov 28 2011Unknown
HI, i am considering to attend the Ozarks i would like to get some response to help me in my decision if its a good one. Like any other, i do not know much about the place but from what i've read its mostly negative. I am looking to get a bachelor's in environmental studies. Please do help me in my decision. . .please respond.

Drew University (NJ) 1:negative