StudentsReview :: Evangel University - Comments and Student Experiences

Central Baptist College -- Conway, AR

Evangel University

One time I was depressed and missed aQuite BrightOther
One time I was depressed and missed a meeting about spring check outs (something which I've done 3 times with no problems and for which there is an extensive checklist) because I fell asleep (this MANDATORY meeting was at 9:30pm). Rather than being understanding and compassionate my RD simply told me they would NOT change their minds even after I explained what I was struggling with. The staff here, those involved with the housing program especially, simply try to force everyone into molds in order to make the university look "Christian" and respectable enough so that they can continue making money. If you don't fit that mold prepare for fines.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: C-
This school fucking sucks stay away!!!!! They treatAverageUndecided
This school fucking sucks stay away!!!!! They treat you like a little kid now matter how old you are. Im 20 and have a curfew really Im not paying you tons of money to have a curfew and oh to be forced to go to chapel 3 to 4 times a week. If you want to go to chapel fine go, but just going to chapel doesn't mean you believe and a true christian. And they fine you for everything this dam place is just money hunrgey that all and they don't do shit with it. The dorms are shit there is nothing in them beside a bed a desk a dresser that's all no mini fridge no microwave. Nothing if you paid more money than lets say Missouri state university and they get all this stuff for half the price. If you pay more you should get more its that's simple. Oh and the bathrooms you want to talk about the grosses bathroom ever all the metal things in the bathroom like on the ceiling and everywhere else is covered in rust not kidding all of it and the shower head is awful no water pressure at all my sink has more pressure than my shower. And your only allowed to have girls in your rooms at certain times and days and have the door opened with lights. They are like sorry you cant talk to girls or have them in your room your a little kid. And they have room inspections all the time at least 3 times a month or more. And if you want girls in your room just sneak them in the back doors no one with ever catch you trust me I know. And the teachers are not that great at all. And if you miss class oh my god they send you emails and so much other stuff and if you don't go to class then we are going to fine you or make you leave. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL DO NOT COME HERE YOU WILL HATE IT STAY AWAY. I FUCKING HATE THIS SCHOOL
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Evangel is probably one of the worst schoolsAveragePublic Policy
Evangel is probably one of the worst schools in the US for a few reasons.
They will fine you for anything. And when I say, anything I mean it. If you pick a flower, fine. If you're .1 seconds late for curfew, fine. If you liter anything, fine. If you don't attend floor meetings, fine. The list could go on and on. At the end of the day this school is money hungry. All they want is your money. And they don't do anything productive with that money. Instead, they waste $12,000 on planting tulips every spring which die in a week. And they waste money on "landscapers" to mow the grass EVERY DAY at 7:00 in the morning. Ridiculous.

Another reason this school is a fail is the way they treat you. Especially if you live in Lewis residence hall. The residence directors treat you as if you're in middle school. When mandatory hall meetings are required, they speak to you as if you're fourteen years old at a summer camp. That's what it feels like. For an example, I was two minutes late coming out of a male friends room and they sent an RA to come and fetch me like a little child. The RD then told me that I was "better than that" and if it happened again they would revoke my open dorm privileges.

A third reason this school is a waste of time is all of the rules. Once again, we're not in middle school anymore. Some of the ridiculous rules are curfew (12am), you can't drink if you're 21, you HAVE to go to atleast 33 chapels a semester of you'll be fined for each chapel you missed (of course), the lights in the second floor lobby have to be on at all times, you can only go in a member of the opposites sexes room during the designated times and you must have the door open to a 90 degree angle, lights on, and four feet on the floor. The are plenty more rules besides these as well.

Evangel is just full of close-minded Jesus freaks. The curriculum is not hard nor challenging. My communication professors are basically hicks and they don't have much experience outside of this school or this crappy town. They all went to EU and now they work here. When you go to Evangel, you get stuck inside of a bubble. They don't want you to know and they don't want to teach you about the real world. They are not open to any changes. Chapel is a wate of time, you don't learn anything from it. And the fact that it is required is a bunch of bull. If I want to go to church, then that should be my choice. There is a dress code. My advice is to avoid Evangel at all costs.

1st Year Female -- Class 2014