StudentsReview :: The Maryville University of Saint Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

The Maryville University of Saint Louis

In all honest if

Jan 28 2011Criminal
In all honest if you plan to commute Maryville is the school for you. The hardest part about being outside of the majority here is the fact that the people at this school are ridiculously close minded, and ignorant. Yes there are people here worth being friend with but they are few and far between.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F

I loved it

Oct 19 2010Math
I loved it. Greatest 4 years of my life. It is a wonderful place to grow academically, and socially. Everybody holds the door for others. Teachers are very accessible. Take a Wickersham course, best teacher ever. ADVICE: Take Clep tests. Especially for english. 1 test ca get you out of 1 whole year of english.
4th Year Male -- Class 1994
Individual Value: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C-

I came to Maryville as a transfer student

May 07 2009Unknown
I came to Maryville as a transfer student after obtaining my Associates Degree from a local community college and going to the University of Missouri St. Louis for ONE dreadful semester. As soon as I walked in on the first day, I knew Maryville was the place for me. The classroom sizes are small, and every one of my professors knew me by my first name, even those in the Student Center. I always felt like a person, not a number in the crowd. The course work was challenging, but very applicable to real world situations. I can not say enough great things about the faculty, students and the school as a whole. What was even better is the fact that the departments are small, so you will have classes with some of the same people each semester; which helps with building relationships with your peers. I just graduated a few weeks ago, Summa Cum Laude, yay! My hard work paid off, and I could not have done so well at a larger university. The relationships that Maryville has built with local businesses provides students with endless internship and career opportunities. I was fortunate to have obtained an internship through Maryville at a thriving financial corporation based out of St. Louis, and I had a job with that company upon graduation. Maryville is an amazing school. So many of my friends that have went to other 4 year universities now wish that they would have went to Maryville after seeing how successful I was and how much I have grown as a person into a young career woman. I will always be more than pleased with my decision to go to Maryville.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009