StudentsReview :: The Maryville University of Saint Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

The Maryville University of Saint Louis

In all honest if

Jan 28 2011Criminal
In all honest if you plan to commute Maryville is the school for you. The hardest part about being outside of the majority here is the fact that the people at this school are ridiculously close minded, and ignorant. Yes there are people here worth being friend with but they are few and far between.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: F

My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in

Apr 02 2014Nursing
My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in the mid 2000's and loved it. So when i picked schools it was a no brainer that id attend maryville. However i discovered a different Nursing school then she had. Most my teachers were disorganized and basically used a dont care attitude. after 2 years i told my advisor that id like to transfer to a different school, that this wasn't for me. she then belittled me and told me its near impossible to get into another nursing program (BS), and that maybe nursing isnt for me (currently a great Nurses aid, graduating next year). I never felt more discourage in my life. Please think twice about Maryville Nursing program.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: B+, Education Quality: F

The art & design program at Maryville favors

Oct 17 2011Art & Design Department
The art & design program at Maryville favors graphic and interior design. These are good programs. If you are a studio art major, I would advise you to look elsewhere. The teachers are good artists, but courses offerings are being cut, and classrooms are underfunded.

Overall, class sizes at Maryville are small. Teachers will get to know you well, especially in your own major. Most students commute. However, small class sizes, and limited sections of upper level courses make it easy to get to know people in your same major. Female students outnumber males by a ratio of about 6 to 1, although this is beginning to even out. The student population is pretty homogeneous, but people are friendly enough. Nursing, PT, and OT programs are good, and very popular. Campus is nice, but tiny.

Professors will help you make job connections, but you will need to keep bugging them about it. I was required to do an internship to get my degree. I used my faculty connections to find one, and that organization went on to hire me part-time.I had a somewhat happy experience at Maryville. If you are applying as an undergrad, please note: there aren't many student organizations/activities offered. Residents find little to do on campus during weekends. You'll find everything you want in St. Louis, but you will have to drive 20 minutes from campus to find it. If you don't have a car, good luck to you. Options for public transportation in the suburbs are scarce.

Starting Job: Art teacher Preparedness: B- Reputation: F