StudentsReview :: The Maryville University of Saint Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

The Maryville University of Saint Louis

My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in

Apr 02 2014Nursing
My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in the mid 2000's and loved it. So when i picked schools it was a no brainer that id attend maryville. However i discovered a different Nursing school then she had. Most my teachers were disorganized and basically used a dont care attitude. after 2 years i told my advisor that id like to transfer to a different school, that this wasn't for me. she then belittled me and told me its near impossible to get into another nursing program (BS), and that maybe nursing isnt for me (currently a great Nurses aid, graduating next year). I never felt more discourage in my life. Please think twice about Maryville Nursing program.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: B+, Education Quality: F

I was in nursing however most of the

Mar 14 2014Nursing
I was in nursing however most of the staff just read down a publisher prepared powerpoint. 90% of my learning was self driven and when i approached staff for help was pushed off and told 'maybe nursing isnt for you'. I was often discouraged by staff. When i went to clinicals the hospital staff was shocked how timid and almost scared of mistakes maryville students were. Im lucky to transfer (after having my advisor say no other program will take me) to a better program
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Friendliness: F

I came to Maryville as a transfer student

May 07 2009Unknown
I came to Maryville as a transfer student after obtaining my Associates Degree from a local community college and going to the University of Missouri St. Louis for ONE dreadful semester. As soon as I walked in on the first day, I knew Maryville was the place for me. The classroom sizes are small, and every one of my professors knew me by my first name, even those in the Student Center. I always felt like a person, not a number in the crowd. The course work was challenging, but very applicable to real world situations. I can not say enough great things about the faculty, students and the school as a whole. What was even better is the fact that the departments are small, so you will have classes with some of the same people each semester; which helps with building relationships with your peers. I just graduated a few weeks ago, Summa Cum Laude, yay! My hard work paid off, and I could not have done so well at a larger university. The relationships that Maryville has built with local businesses provides students with endless internship and career opportunities. I was fortunate to have obtained an internship through Maryville at a thriving financial corporation based out of St. Louis, and I had a job with that company upon graduation. Maryville is an amazing school. So many of my friends that have went to other 4 year universities now wish that they would have went to Maryville after seeing how successful I was and how much I have grown as a person into a young career woman. I will always be more than pleased with my decision to go to Maryville.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009