StudentsReview :: The Maryville University of Saint Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

The Maryville University of Saint Louis

I came to Maryville as a transfer studentQuite Bright
I came to Maryville as a transfer student after obtaining my Associates Degree from a local community college and going to the University of Missouri St. Louis for ONE dreadful semester. As soon as I walked in on the first day, I knew Maryville was the place for me. The classroom sizes are small, and every one of my professors knew me by my first name, even those in the Student Center. I always felt like a person, not a number in the crowd. The course work was challenging, but very applicable to real world situations. I can not say enough great things about the faculty, students and the school as a whole. What was even better is the fact that the departments are small, so you will have classes with some of the same people each semester; which helps with building relationships with your peers. I just graduated a few weeks ago, Summa Cum Laude, yay! My hard work paid off, and I could not have done so well at a larger university. The relationships that Maryville has built with local businesses provides students with endless internship and career opportunities. I was fortunate to have obtained an internship through Maryville at a thriving financial corporation based out of St. Louis, and I had a job with that company upon graduation. Maryville is an amazing school. So many of my friends that have went to other 4 year universities now wish that they would have went to Maryville after seeing how successful I was and how much I have grown as a person into a young career woman. I will always be more than pleased with my decision to go to Maryville.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2009
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B-
DO NOT GO IF YOU ARE A VET.Psychology
DO NOT GO IF YOU ARE A VET.. They do not care about us and end up not billing the VA correctly, do not tell you that there is a huge balance owed which causes you to end up being over 20 grand in debt prior to graduation! THIS SHOULD NEVER BE A YELLOW RIBBON SCHOOL> In addition they submitted all of my as well as other vets GI BILL stuff under false social security numbers
My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville inBrightNursing
My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in the mid 2000's and loved it. So when i picked schools it was a no brainer that id attend maryville. However i discovered a different Nursing school then she had. Most my teachers were disorganized and basically used a dont care attitude. after 2 years i told my advisor that id like to transfer to a different school, that this wasn't for me. she then belittled me and told me its near impossible to get into another nursing program (BS), and that maybe nursing isnt for me (currently a great Nurses aid, graduating next year). I never felt more discourage in my life. Please think twice about Maryville Nursing program.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016