StudentsReview :: The Maryville University of Saint Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Leo University -- Saint Leo, FL
Saint Thomas University -- Miami, FL

The Maryville University of Saint Louis

Apr 02 2014Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
My sister graduated from Nursing at Maryville in the mid 2000's and loved it. So when i picked schools it was a no brainer that id attend maryville. However i discovered a different Nursing school then she had. Most my teachers were disorganized and basically used a dont care attitude. after 2 years i told my advisor that id like to transfer to a different school, that this wasn't for me. she then belittled me and told me its near impossible to get into another nursing program (BS), and that maybe nursing isnt for me (currently a great Nurses aid, graduating next year). I never felt more discourage in my life. Please think twice about Maryville Nursing program.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: B+, Education Quality: F
Mar 14 2014Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I was in nursing however most of the staff just read down a publisher prepared powerpoint. 90% of my learning was self driven and when i approached staff for help was pushed off and told 'maybe nursing isnt for you'. I was often discouraged by staff. When i went to clinicals the hospital staff was shocked how timid and almost scared of mistakes maryville students were. Im lucky to transfer (after having my advisor say no other program will take me) to a better program
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Friendliness: F
Jun 24 2013Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
After researching this school, I thought it would be the perfect fit. It's a small school and they really advertised their education quality and use of technology. However, after spending one year at Maryville, I am transferring. The "professors" are absolutely horrible. I had better teachers at a community college. These teachers just read word for word off of the book publisher's power points. Or they simply do not teach at all...the chemistry department believes in teaching yourself which is not efficient and also a complete waste of money. Out of 8 teachers that I had this year, only 1 of them knew how to teach and give tests. This school boasts quality education but I unfortunately did not experience this in the biology/chemistry departments. There is no "night life" around here and many of the students at this school seemed snooty to me. There seemed to be a staring problem whenever anyone walked into the dining hall...it felt like high school all over again. If you want the real college experience with social activities, night life, and great education, I suggest you go elsewhere.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016