StudentsReview :: Missouri Western State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Arkansas State University -- Jonesboro, AR

Missouri Western State University

Overall, disappointed with the curriculum for my major

Oct 14 2012Biology
Overall, disappointed with the curriculum for my major. Only 1/3 of the classes are relevant to the major. Other universities offer a much higher percentage of classes that are actually oriented towards my degree. Feel like I was fed a bunch of BS by the university on how good the program was. I'm finding out now that it's not. The overwhelming majority of students I've gotten to know in my major feel the same way. I cannot recommend Missouri Western.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: C, Collaboration/Competitive: F

do not do a liberal arts degree unless

Oct 13 2003English
do not do a liberal arts degree unless you are prepared for the unemployment line. i felt lied too and mislead about the opportunites awaiting me outside in the real world. here, they want someone with experience and skills. i graduated with a 3.4 gpa and as a member of several honors programs-- i make 7.50 an hour. get some education that people will want- managing, marketing, human resources or sales. nobody wants an elequent guy, they want someone who has something to offer. my only hope is grad school. or death.
Starting Job: loser Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

Okay, the reasons I would not come back

Dec 07 2009Criminal
Okay, the reasons I would not come back are, Housing and Res Life. Some of he residental hall directors are horribly racist towrd white, provides drugs and alchole for his staff and residents. The administons offics has had really bad mistakes that have resulted in the lost of an educaton and was no reason. The fin. aid office losses paper work all the time. not only does it waste time and make the students have to redo it, that paper work has student information like address and phone numbers and SSN. the police on campus are also racist towards blacks and are never around when you need help. this school is not a good school so i would not send my dog to it. please take my advise, alot of this is personal experience an alot of it is people i know, but save yourselve tme money and alot of unnessary stress, dont come to ths horribe place.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2011