StudentsReview ™ :: Washington University in St Louis - Comments and Student Experiences

Washington University in St Louis

Overrated school

Feb 09 2014History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Overrated school. Liberal arts are subpar but business, pre-med and engineering are great. Student body is very cliquey and surprisingly unfriendly. Jappy kids run the social scene, which revolves around bars/clubs and forces you to spend a lot of money. Greek life sucks and the administration wants it gone. Save the ridiculous tuition money and find another school. Wash U has not lived up to what it seemed to be.
1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: C
Jan 07 2014Engineering Department

WashU is an elitist university. I had a miserable time there

Starting Job: Staff Programmer Preparedness: B Reputation: B-

I feel like I got a solid education

Jun 07 2011History/Histories (art history/etc.)
I feel like I got a solid education and I liked the campus. It is beautiful. The weather is just bad. Very cold in the winters and hot and humid in the summer. Social life was fine, but I feel like the school is geared towards pre-meds. Athletics really don't exist here and I have friends at other universities, even the Ivys who say it is a positive. I wouldn't know. St. Louis is fine if you stay around WaU, but if you are looking for a city school, there are better cities. I had some super teachers, but I felt like I could have gotten a better liberal arts education at a smaller school or an Ivy or a number of other universities. I did not have a bad time, but in the end, for what you spend, I felt like I could have been better served elsewhere unless I was pre-med. Academically, this is still a very good school, but I am also getting tired of explaining that I did not go to the University of Washington.
4th Year Male -- Class 2010