StudentsReview :: Belhaven University - Comments and Student Experiences

Belhaven University

Belhaven provides an excellent education for a small

Jan 05 2014Music - Composition/Theory
Belhaven provides an excellent education for a small to mid-sized Christian college. Going to college to get a better job is a thing of the past; nearly everyone goes to college today. That said, Belhaven offers practical, academic, and religious training; the experiences and opportunities that Belhaven provides help students to succeed in the "real-world" and in all their other endeavors.
Starting Job: Cashier/Server Preparedness: B Reputation: C

Well...the faculty are friendly are very helpful, the

Apr 24 2012Art & Design Department
Well...the faculty are friendly are very helpful, the students in general are friendly and fun to be with, the campus is absolutely beautiful,and the atmosphere is nice and peaceful. However, the food is okay, the internet is slow, and outside the campus events, there is not much to do. The work is okay...some is hard, but I would say it is probably easier than some schools. The surrounding atmosphere is not safe, so it is good to have a buddy with you off-campus. But I think this is a great school, but you definitely have to be a certain type to like being here. So check it out!
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Innovation: A+, Surrounding City: C+

I am a senior at Belhaven, I went

Aug 10 2014Education
I am a senior at Belhaven, I went there because it is a Christian university and I wanted a school that believed in core values and was just a school where everyone studied by day and partied at night. The first school I visited was Belhaven, and the minute I first stepped on campus I knew I wanted to go to school there. It was such a peaceful feeling, and even though I visited Mississippi College, the feeling was not the same, and I've been at Belhaven ever since. I like the fact that Belhaven is a small school, everyone knows everyone, you are able to have small classes and get to know your professors. I have liked most of my professors, and most of the classes have been good and contained good information. However, I am not happy that in such a small school that there were cliques once everyone got to know each other, and if you're not in a clique, you're left out. I also did not like some of the events being presented on campus, they contradicted the overall message the school portrays. Taking that a step further, I am a Christian with stricter values than the school represents and I felt that some of the things the school supported were too worldly for a Christian school. But the friends you do make, they are sweet and fun to be around, and I have enjoyed making events to celebrate different milestones in each other's lives. If anyone is looking for a small, close-knitted atmosphere with some Christian values, this is the school for you.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015