Appalachian State University
| StudentsReview ::
Appalachian State University - Comments and Student Experiences |
2. Rich Greeks; Most are from the rich suburbs of Charlotte. Some are very nice and sweet, others almost insufferable. Greek life is 6% at ASU yet somehow it feels like 50%. I suppose it's because they travel in packs.
3. Hippies/Alternative; This group absolutely loves to be "different." Most are art/music majors and spend most of their day playing music, slacklining (tightrope walking) and getting high.
4. The rest of us. I can be hard to find these people, but with a little work it is very rewarding
OTHER RANDOM TIPS/THOUGHTS:
- Don't hesitate to do outdoorsie things. I didn't take advantage of the great surroundings until spring and really regret it.
- There are some pretty close minded people who have no problem using words like n***** or f*****. "That's so gay!" is still funny here apparently.
- Little to no racial diversity
- Don't distress if you get one of the older, not-very-nice dorms. I was put in Coltrane which was meant to house one person per room and has no air conditioning. However, the crappy rooms meant we hung out in the lobby and I made many of my friends there.
- Utilize safe ride
- Getting to parties is very hard as there is no greek row and you cannot walk to house parties. "Beepers" are random students who will ferry you to a party for two bucks. You can normally find a phone number on facebook.
- Go down suicide hill (below the LLC, above the music building) when it snows.- Boone is breathtakingly beautiful with many great hiking spots.
Disclaimer: StudentsReview makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this site, and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this site. Furthermore, StudentsReview is not affiliated with any University or Institution.