StudentsReview :: Bennett College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bennett College

DEAR READER, IT?S A LOT BUT HOPE IT?SAveragePsychology
DEAR READER, IT?S A LOT BUT HOPE IT?S HELPFUL:

Bennett College was yet one of the biggest mistake ever. Being an out-of-state student, before going to school I heard oh so many great things about Bennett. The moment I was accepted, so many women in my area was proud and the alumni's began to reach out to me. Yes that was a great thing and I did appreciate the help they gave me. When I arrived at Bennett I found that all I heard was a lie. The students are very rude, loud, ghetto, lesbians, and snobby. They talk bad on other colleges especially Spellman and A&T. The City of Greensboro is okay?I mean you have to find fun things to do and you will. But please don't tell people in Greensboro you go to Bennett because they look at you like dirt. It?s very hard to make friends at this school. The students act like they are in high school and like to only be in their click. It?s good to have at least one friend at this school because if you don't have anyone they look at you as an outcast. It is a lot of snobby girls here too. You'll know them when you see them. They love the school, light skinned, pretty hair, dress like they always have somewhere important to go?and by the way they wear a lot of pink and green(hint). Those are the ones who call themselves a true ?Bennett Bell? Whatever! Also, we are not allowed to have men or boys on campus unless they are checked in. If you are in your dorm and see a guy in the bathroom?don't panic! It?s just lesbian! They in fact make up most of the population of the school. Also, you have the no class loud ghetto chicks, which make Bennett College very ghetto!!! Those girls are trouble and they are contently over at A&T for some nasty excitement. I don't need to get in to detail with them. But you will see a small number of decent girls who are quite and they are usually found by themselves or with another friend who they hang with all the time. The education is okay. But they never have the class you need to take because they are full. The teachers are okay for the most part. They kind of make it comfortable for your stay. Some of the faculty is a trip! Especially if they are alumni?s! If you don't like Bennett and you tell them, they make it seem like it's your fault and that if you go elsewhere you'll be nothing. The buildings are very old and not that well kept up. In my dorm room we have old fashion heaters that don't heat up when it's really cold out or over heat when it's nice out. Also they make loud banging sounds which wakes me and roommate all the time at night. I don't get much sleep. Also when returning from the Christmas break, I went in my closet to unpack and I notice there where rodent dropping all over my things. This has been a hard time and I cry every night because I?m not happy. Please really think about it before going here. They play like everything is great about Bennett but once your parents? leave it's a different story. I am a freshman and this is my second semester?and I am in the transition of transferring.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Individual Value: A-, Education Quality: F
Before coming to Bennett I already knew IBrightPsychology
Before coming to Bennett I already knew I did NOT want to be there . When I got there I was afraid that the school would be totally opposite of what I expected and it was . Bennett college for women sucks . DO NOT waste your money attending this college it's deff. NOT worth it . For one the study body is terrible and the faculty is very rude . The professors are not helpful . The dorm life is terrible all the dorms are broken down and rusty and the cafe food sucks . The whole time i've been here I've been sooooo miserable and I am so glad that I am leaving and I am NOT coming back . This school has terrible resources and does not have any useful material . The course load is sooooo easy and NOT challenging . I want to be challenged and here at Bennett I am not . Also , the course outline for some majors is ridiculous they make you take unessecary classes that you don't need . The social life here sucks , if you're not from DC / MD or NY then it's going to be hard for you to make friends . People here are to clicky and clingy .
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
Bennett College for Women is a United Methodist-basedQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Bennett College for Women is a United Methodist-based institution and is located in Greensboro, arguably a college town having NCA&TSU, UNCG, Greensboro College and Guliford College in its surrounding area. Bennett College is underrated to such a severe degree. I truly do believe that it a force to reckoned with in comparison to other all-women historical black college, Spelman. Bennett professors are here for the STUDENTS, honestly, and I say that with no bias at all but they will work with you until you fully understand the concept. Being an all women school, of course you deal with your share of drama and fights, but since our school is based off sisterhood and bettering one's self, the disagreements are seldom permanent. Before deciding to attend Bennett College, please understand that its an all women school, therefore, you will encounter less males, and more women. Although there are some people who are lesbian, the interaction is normal and platonic, there is no need to walk in fear of anyone. Bennett is very accepting of all people.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014