StudentsReview :: Catawba College - Comments and Student Experiences

Appalachian State University -- Boone, NC

Catawba College

This school cares nothing about YOU if youEducation
This school cares nothing about YOU if you are willing to Pay then you're getting in .they will hold your transcript until you pay them alllllll their money! The last two weeks of school the financial aid department told me they were taking a grant away that was coving 10,000 dollars of my tuition . That, they did. At this point they told me they will NOT RELEASE MY TRANSCRIPT until it's paid in full! What college kid has that kind of money ? Exactly that school is horrible and suppose to be Christian based but if they Are an example of Christianity then i need to look into another religion .
This school cares nothing about it's students onlyQuite BrightPsychology
This school cares nothing about it's students only the money in their pockets! Instead of making sure I received correspondences about an outstanding student balance, instead they turned me over to a collections agency and then made an effort to contact me. I graduated in December and got an e-mail about it to my personal e-mail in early May. This school is full of a bunch of arrogant pricks who have their head so far up their you-know-whats that they don't understand that students that just freshly graduated are having a hard time finding full-time work but still expect a student who just graduated to pay a large balance all at once so they can get their diploma. How can you get a good job without proof of graduation? This school is terrible and I do not recommend going.
4th Year Male -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F
I'm on my first semester here at CatawbaQuite BrightBiology
I'm on my first semester here at Catawba and I'm very disappointed. I am an Environmental science major, which is why I chose Catawba. The ES program still seems good, but almost everything else I've taken has been awful. I have 17 credit hours this semester and I find two of the classes bearable. I have had three horrible professors here. One of which, a racist old hag who can't go two classes without working herself into a 15 minute rant about how stupid American students are (we're fat and lazy too, of course). Another who can't teach for shit, he even had to ask US how HE should change how he lectures and writes homework because the whole class had D's and F's. Even though we asked for help and made suggestions to get him to teach us (because ultimately, that was his job, no?) he didn't change a thing. four of us dropped the class and have to waste time retaking it next semester with a different professor. And one last professor who always makes rude remarks when you answer something wrong or can't remember a specific detail when she asks for it... Calm down lady, if we do something wrong it's your job to tell us what we did wrong- not call us stupid. On the other hand, I have had two great professors here who 1, do good jobs lecturing class, and 2, help when we need it- not poke fun at us, not say things like "well if you american kids these days would stop playing video games all day...", and not simply ignore us.

I had nearly straight A's in high school, my GPA coming here was 3.7. Now I'm struggling in all but two classes because the professors here, plain and simply, SUCK.

Next lets talk about the food. Holy hell is it bad. So over processed you can't tell what kind of "meat" they're serving. It tastes terrible, looks disgusting and is so unhealthy. They feed us, students paying 30 grand in tuition, like rats. This is one of the most infuriating things about this place. People will tell you "oh well no school has good food", maybe not, but I have plenty of friends in different schools around the state who are fed far better quality stuff than the shit I get.

I can't believe how badly they treat us here. All of my friends want to transfer, as do I. I'm very disappointed. I came here to get a good education, and most of my professors let me down. I'm looking at other options, and I want to transfer next semester. I don't want to wait until my sophomore year.If you're a senior in high school right now and are considering Catawba, please reconsider. This school is not worth the $30,000 tuition. I'm not getting a good education and the food they feed me is killing me.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: B, Useful Schoolwork: F
Compare CatawbaSave Catawba

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→