StudentsReview :: Campbell University - Comments and Student Experiences

American University -- Washington, DC

Campbell University

I came to Campbell because of the homeQuite BrightNursing
I came to Campbell because of the home feeling it provided. I came in as a nursing major and from the start it felt as though they only wanted certain people and discouraged people from applying. I made it into the program and barely passed the first year. I reached out to my professors begging for help and I was told to either fix myself or I would be kicked out. now in my second year, I am loaded with busy work and given tests that are way beyond what we are taught in class. on the topic of teaching, our professors have tests that are made from other professors -- tests aren't even made by the same teacher that teaches the class so most of us fail and we get told to "do better". when asking for instruction on how to change to become successful, we are told "I don't know what to tell you". we have NO access to tutors or any support system, we are kicked while we are down and the professors definitely are bias and love boys and students who kiss their tail. this program is ineffective, communication sucks, structure and teaching is beyond unacceptable, and the professors are unsupportive and highly discouraging. I was on the Dean's list and President's list my first two years at CU and now I am barely holding on to my scholarship. In the handbook, it states that the mission of the CPHS program is to support and lead their students to be successful, yet they laugh when we fail our tests and provide no resources to help us improve. I'm sorry but if you can't adapt to your students learning styles and provide good resources to improve their grades -- that professor is not qualified to be teaching. nursing school is already hard as is, I dont need my professors not caring on top of that.
3rd Year Female -- Class 1921
Campus Maintenance: A-, Education Quality: F
As far as Campbell University in Buies CreekBiology
As far as Campbell University in Buies Creek is concerned, I say don't go. From the moment you apply they have people on you like vultures using every tactic possible to lure you there. If you are unfortunate to fall for the shit like I did you are truly in my prayers. They will tell you that you are eligible for scholarships and grants but when you are officially enrolled, that money somehow becomes a loan. They do everything in their power to keep you from being successful if you are not a Caucasian heterosexual. Myself and several of my peers left because the environment is toxic and for them to be a Southern Baptist non profit organization they are greedy vultures. I personally believe they thrive off of the students misery so they do everything in their power to keep you down. The only students that get special treatment are legacy students that have old parents that funnel all of their retirement funds into their school. So much money spent on a lousy football field but they don't care to ensure students succeed. If you think anything I'm saying is a lie go to their official website and check out their retention rate. They have thousands of students enroll but only a fraction of those students make it to their senior year of undergrad. Of course you can already guess what the majority of that demographic is. This school is being run by demons under the guise of Christianity. They slip up on that when they start bragging about their salaries. Its best not to attend if you are doing so for faith based reasons. Definitely don't attend if you are a person of color or part of the lgbtq community. It will be hell on earth for you there.
Honestly, if you have a lot of moneyQuite BrightPsychology
Honestly, if you have a lot of money or you're very smart and I mean like the top 10% of your graduating class then academically you MIGHT do fine here. The campus is nice, it's appealing to an outsider and admissions does everything they can to make Campbell seem amazing in every aspect... the truth is the individuals giving the tours are just doing it to get paid and are required to only speak positively about the school. Tuition is WAY TOO MUCH especially considering how much money Campbell has leftover... They literally spend a boatload of money to have a stupid sign made for the one graduating class, ONLY because they had to spend a certain amount of money for tax concerns. The rules are pretty stupid, and campus safety workers will literally sit and wait just to ticket your car... That's all they do is write tickets and get more money. Again the tuition is way overpriced and you spend more time worrying about maintaining a specific GPA in order to keep your scholarship than you do about actually learning. The classes are ridiculously hard, and that's with me expecting them to be challenging to begin with. You will maybe come across 1 out of 10 teachers who are actually nice and will try to help, the remaining do not care.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2019