StudentsReview :: Duke University - Comments and Student Experiences

Stanford University -- Stanford, CA

Duke University

I couldn't have asked

May 18 2014Neuroscience/Cognitive Science
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I consider myself to be an intellectual, and I did not feel out of place at Duke. Duke's professors are phenomenal and my contemporaries are delightful. I would recommend Duke to any student fortunate enough to be admitted.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: B+

Duke was an amazing

Apr 28 2013Math
Duke was an amazing overall experience. People work very hard and play very hard. Students are inclined to help each other out rather than stab them in the back. Duke was the perfect blend of top-notch academics with a fantastic social life. I could not imagine having to go anywhere else. AWESOME!
Starting Job: Head of Derivatives Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

Turned down a lot of great schools for

Jun 14 2014Engineering Department
Turned down a lot of great schools for the chance to come here, including Princeton, MIT, and Columbia, and it has not disappointed me. I fell in love with the people and campus when I visited after being accepted, and I love the university's commitment to becoming the best. Also, being a big fan of sports and good weather certainly helped!

It's not perfect however; I dislike the prevalent Greek Life and exclusivity at times, but the exclusivity and elitist sense is equivalent if not greater at Princeton and Columbia, so that was expected no matter which school I chose, save for MIT. Also, the lack of a nice city surrounding Duke creates a dearth of activities, compared to if I went to college in New York or Boston.

However, overall I'm more than happy with my choice, and would not trade it, even if Stanford had accepted me. Honestly, I feel that no matter which school you attend, you will find a way to be happy and make many friends once you get to know the school better!Best of luck to future Duke applicants!

Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: C