StudentsReview :: Elizabeth City State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Massachusetts Institute of Technology -- Cambridge, MA

Elizabeth City State University

I knew what I was getting myself intoBrightSocial Work
I knew what I was getting myself into when I entered this university. It is in a very small town, with close minded people. Coming from a city, I didn't expect that the town would be dreading. There isn't much for sutdents to do; which leaves students nothing to do but get drunk, and smoke all day long. On the other hand, I am very thankful that the unversity gave me a full academic scholarship to attend (the only reasonw why I chose to attend). The faculty, in the social work program, ensure that all students do well academically. They help their students all the way, and you build a great relationship with them. You are in smaller classrooms, so this way you can have all the attention you need. If I knew what I know now, I would most likely make another choice. If you do decided to attend, make sure you visit the campus! Dont make a quick decision, and don't sacrifice your happiness.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: B, Innovation: F
If it were not for the education IQuite BrightGeography and Geosciences
If it were not for the education I received at ECSU I would not have what I consider to be a great career. As a student I took advantage of Cooperative Education/Job training and this led to full time employment with a federal agency the day after graduation. There are a lot of great programs at the institution; however, students have to be self-starters, identify the programs that will help them achieve their career goals and then go for it! You can complain all day and give the institution negative reviews but the bottom line is this: the institution provides accredited degrees in a variety of fields that will prepare you for the future. But no one is going to drop anything in your lap or give you anything!
Starting Job: Environmental Scientist; Preparedness: A+ Reputation: C
I am a North Carolina native who hadNot so brightMath
I am a North Carolina native who had high hopes for attending an HBCU by the ocean. This institution will suck the life out of you and slow your mental growth.

Administration full of egotistical knuckleheads with an agenda. Departments employ poorly trained desk-cows who demonstrate too much laziness to be qualified. Although some are staff are helpful in resolving issues, many like to "transfer" and play phone games until you realize you wasted almost an hour going back and forth thru departments that did nothing for your behalf.

Great Marijuana can be found but the skimp loud packs are not worth the money. Be careful with giving business to some amateur dealers and do not feel scared to cut them off. All over campus hard to breath at times do to blockheads smoking cigars and Newports in NON SMOKING sections. Gang and drug activity with no action by weak under trained campus police department. AK-47 ECSU shooting GOOGLE search! Violent turf wars on the way to class. Violence in school sponsored Dance Parties. Terrible party scene which consists of underage losers chugging Madd Dog and smoking Reggie/Mid from in nasty Swisher Sweets. The sent is terrible and travels all over the yard.

Extra circular activities are minimal and the knuckleheads working in the Pool Hall/Rec-Center/Bowling Ally do not follow their own schedule.

It is important to take note of the class attendance policy before enrolling! The middle-school level policy will fail your class if you are absent 2-3 times. Total nonsense. College is not to spoon feed young adults. Faculty are often sensible and understand the flaws of the ECSU system. Some will work with you and let things slide, other will give you blank looks or tell you nonsense in an accent you cannot comprehend.

Cafeteria Food is poor but you will always find something to manage eating. Be warned that there is a schedule so expect to go hungry from time to time. Do not become lazy and get habit of eating at Checkers. You will gain weight and become fat have pimples and hurt your health eating there for all 3 daily meals.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
University Resource Use: A+, Education Quality: F
Compare ECSUSave ECSU

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→