StudentsReview :: Elon University - Comments and Student Experiences

James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Elon University

If you're a full pay C/C+ student, yourNot so bright
If you're a full pay C/C+ student, your admit rate is 100% here. Almost everybody here was at or near the bottom of his/her high school class, including a huge number of bottom of class private high school two and one year repeaters. This place is truly a joke. A degree from Elon has next to zero value in the workplace or grad schools. The courses and work are a ridiculously easy, grades are a joke. My middle school was more challenging, and I was near the bottom of my hs class. I didn't try at all, had poor grades, bad SATs, and I still got in to Elon. Now that I'm here, and I matured a little, especially compared to all the carnival clown students around me, I realize that this school has zero respect in the workplace and at grad schools. The only opportunity I will have will be a sales associate at a mall. Elon is a diploma mill of the worst order, and everyone knows that it is pathetic joke. I ruined my resume forever by listing this school on it. Every employer and grad school will just laugh at me.The students here are just party clowns. Some have wealthy families, so these bottom of the class party clowns will just suck on their parent's and grandparent's money for the rest of their lives, just like they did before they came here. This place is one big party and attracts students who know nothing else. Even though I didn't deserve to go to a good college because I was such a poor hs student, I still can't believe I was fooled into coming here. This is so not a real school. Parents and students - don't come here - listen to the other posters on this board - they are correct -it's just a total waste of money. You will be exposed to nothing but brainless and talentless coeds whose only hope after going here is to continue sucking money from their families. Like many of the prior reviews stated, this is a nowhere college that no one has ever heard of. It's known among only the bottom of class crowd who wants to party 24/7- a total embarassment for all involved. I have never seen so many useless girls go after guys with money. This is no better than a community college academically. Seriously, don't come here. Listen to people who know what is going on. This is no better academically than a community college, and employers and grad schools will treat you this way. Just ask almost all seniors who can't get jobs because employers just laugh at them.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2019
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Education Quality: F
I remember using this site when I wasAverageFinance
I remember using this site when I was making my college decision. Now that I've got two years under my belt at Elon, I think its a pretty inaccurate way to learn about the school. I'd say 80% of reviews on here come from students who are transferring or are struggling at Elon. You don't hear from the majority of students at the university who are happy and are on the right track towards their careers. A big problem I see with students who are unhappy here is they are not involved on campus. Its a smaller school and becoming involved is crucial to make friends and have things to do on the weekends. I was thinking about transferring my freshman year but I decided to stay and worked hard my sophomore year to become more involved. Now I couldn't be happier at Elon. I have a solid group of friends and feel that Elon is doing a great job at helping me grow personally and professionally. So get involved and give Elon time trust me. Elon was extremely helpful in helping me get an internship and I'm confident they'll continue to assist me in networking with great companies for my future career. Coming from someone who wasn't crazy popular in high school I've found my place here and couldn't love it anymore. I'm excited to see where this school will take me
2nd Year Male -- Class 2018
Individual Value: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+
I drank the koolaide.Quite Bright
I drank the koolaide. I fell for the bull shit. One year is enough. I have transfered from this aweful excuse for a college. I quickly realized I had been to high school. I did not want to deal with the same shit. The place flat out sucks.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019