StudentsReview :: North Carolina State University Raleigh - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill -- Chapel Hill, NC
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

North Carolina State University Raleigh

I really enjoyed NCSU and am glad I

Jan 22 2014Communications
I really enjoyed NCSU and am glad I went there. I still live near by and know a lot of current students there, and see that the school continues to improve with time. The students are mostly friendly (any time you get 30,000+ people together, there are going to be some annoying/rude ones). The teachers were almost all of excellent quality. Many of my adjunct instructors also taught at Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill so I knew I was getting the same course my peers in those institutions were getting. If I had it to do over again, the only changes I would make would be with myself -- I would be less shy and get out there more and experience more of the great things NCSU has to offer.
4th Year Female -- Class 2000
Education Quality: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B+

The ECE program is great but challenging

Dec 17 2013Computer Engineering
The ECE program is great but challenging. There are many opportunities for working with people in classes. The school is big but this allows you to do many things with a lot of different kinds of people. The food there is okay but there are many different places to eat whatever you fancy. I enjoy my time here and can get the help when needed from all the different resources on campus.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Aesthetics: B-

This review is specifically for anyone considering the

Mar 31 2014Other
This review is specifically for anyone considering the College of Textiles at NCSU. If I had to do my undergrad all over and I still wanted to be in fashion, I would've transferred to a real fashion school in LA or NY & networked like crazy. Because Textiles is not the school to pick if you want to be a fashion designer or make it in that industry. Only apply for that school if you want to go into textile engineering or polymer color chemistry. Anything else is a waste of your time & money! I wish someone had told me this as a senior in high school, but I did not have the maturity, nor the wisdom I have now. After 3 years of trying to find a good entry level job/internship, I am going back to school in a completely different field that is much more promising than what textiles tried to sell me. They claim they will help you find your first real job after graduation, but that's a lie. Please do your research and talk to as many students and alumns that you can before coming here. It will save you much heartache! Overall State is a good school for engineers and veterinarians, but I'll pass on Textiles any day!
Starting Job: Visual Merchandiser Preparedness: F Reputation: F