StudentsReview :: William Peace University - Comments and Student Experiences

William Peace University

I honestly have no clue why anyone would

Jul 22 2013Psychology
I honestly have no clue why anyone would decided to attend this school. The faculty is very difficult to get in contact with and if I am finally able to get in contact with someone, the person will not answer my questions. I am currently taking an online course. The instructor has completely disappeared. I email the instructor, call the instructor, text the instructor...and no response. The school is not only crumbling all around campus, but the administration is crumbling. Each time I turn around there is someone leaving. The Dean to my program left shortly after beginning!

I am a diligent student and have made an A in each course I have taken. Honestly, I feel that I do not have to do much work for assignments. I have even had instructors encourage me to NOT do as much work on assignments and that the "bare minimum will do".This school is overpriced and NOT worth it. If you want to be in Raleigh, trust me, there are SEVERAL schools surrounding Peace that will be MUCH better. They are more engaged with their students, some are cheaper, and they also offer more courses/programs. Please, do your research on Raleigh colleges because Raleigh's universities are not far from each other. You won't miss out on ANYTHING by passing on Peace.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A, Collaboration/Competitive: F

Pros:

Feb 27 2011Other
Pros:
-Comfortable atmosphere
-Inspiring professors
-Great internship opportunities
-Fantastic theater department
-Helpful Career services
-Useful tutoring services
-If you work hard you will be ready for grad school!
Cons:
- Students are wealthy, superficial, lazy, "ghetto", snobbish, cliquish...
-Students whine about not getting study guides in upper level courses.
-Extra-curricular activities are lackluster.
-Very few academic groups
-Students are lauded for being social rather than being intellectual.
-Clubs disappear often!
-Unappetizing cafeteria food
-Horrible price. Do not live on campus if you can help it.
-narrow minded classmatesOnly come to Peace if you aim to challenge yourself. Your classmates will not motivate you, but sometimes your professors will. If not for my fantastic department I would regret attending Peace.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: F

I came to Peace College with an optimistic

Nov 12 2011Communications
I came to Peace College with an optimistic attitude. However, I found most of the few students who attend to be cliquey...not particularly open to making friends. As one person noted before, you won't have a social life if you are the least bit shy. The social scene is my main problem. I went to a community college before this and didn't live on campus and I had more friends than I do now...and the semester is just about over. I have made one or two friends but we don't do anything together. The basic premise of a social life here is "off-campus". The college strongly discourages social gatherings that aren't academic, so to have any friends here, you have to have enough money to go out every weekend. If you don't have a lot of money, you won't find much company here. I am transfering to a big university next year. Also, I would rather a faculty that doesn't care about me and shows it than a faculty that pretends to care about me...The University, as it now is, is undergoing major changes and no one knows how that is going to turn out. But if freedom and openmindedness are a couple of your values, choose a different school. On the upside, if you have good social support already, the academics are fairly easy to get through granted you study.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015