StudentsReview :: The University of North Carolina Charlotte - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

The University of North Carolina Charlotte

Jun 18 2014Economics

Bring plenty of condoms.

Impossible to get involved

Mar 21 2014Geography and Geosciences
Impossible to get involved or get funding for anything.
parking tickets handed out at 3am on a thursday
social activities are minimal and the school spirit is exhausted because no one wants to show up due to the fact that the administration gives no life or excitementits one big commuter school
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Faculty Accessibility: A, Individual Value: F

Guys, the people complaining here are the problem

Jan 08 2014Anthropology
Guys, the people complaining here are the problem. Honestly, this school has great diversity, opportunities, and ECs. I think many of the people here are the ones I see who sit in the back of class or eat alone and wonder why they have no social life. Everywhere is dangerous not just Charlotte, personally I would not walk around ANYWHERE alone and in the dark but maybe that is just me. The surrounding area is fine just be smart and walk with others and display confidence/non-target characteristics. I am pre-med at UNCC with Anthro major. Sociology is also a great degree here is you are trying to learn more about the world. I already have medical school interviews with a 3.5 GPA so I think my education here did me fine. When you get to UNCC do not whine about the commuter part. I am a commuter but I hang out with my friends all the time, am the president of two clubs, involved in 5 clubs, party on the weekends, go to sports events, etc! People commenting bad probably are not social enough to make their own friends. Come to UNCC and see people are just negative about nothing.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014