StudentsReview :: The University of North Carolina Charlotte - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

The University of North Carolina Charlotte

I'm an in-state student from Wilmington

Aug 01 2014Other
I'm an in-state student from Wilmington. There is no reason for any in-state student to attend UNCC unless you have to have new buildings and a pretty campus or if you're a computer science major or an engineering major. I lived on campus, and I can say that campus life at UNCC sux. There is very little to do. It's a suitcase commuter college. Worse, the campus is in a high crime area. You really need an automobile in order to go anywhere because there's not much to do near campus.

Girls get raped in the UNCC dormitories. Off-campus choices aren't much better. You might find yourself sharing an apartment with somebody you really don't want to be around.

The students? Not inspiring. UNCC is a second choice for a lot of students, and I think it's probably a third or fourth choice for most of the teachers.

I'm going to UNC Wilmington in the Fall of 2014 and I'll live on campus where there's actual campus life and NO CRIME. The beach is nearby, and there's lots more to do there.

1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Campus Aesthetics: A, Faculty Accessibility: F

Definitely a college education

Jul 29 2014Finance
Definitely a college education is beneficial, but please encourage students to gain work experience while pursing their degree so that their resume will be balanced with education and experience.
Starting Job: Banking Customer svc Preparedness: C Reputation: B

I'm a spanish major who enlisted in the

Aug 14 2014Language - French/Spanish/etc.
I'm a spanish major who enlisted in the army to transition into becoming an officer in the ROTC program in this campus. I was very motivated once I transferred to UNCC from CPCC because I enjoyed my last year there and I had just finished basic training and wanted to grow as a person in 2010 coming to UNCC in the fall of 2011.

After being in this school for one semester I had never hated education so much in my life thanks to this school, parking was complete hell from the first day to the last if you're trying to get to COED or near there any time of the day. If you have a life and a job be prepared to always be late to class and be late to work or anything you have to do after because the parking/traffic is horrible. The spanish department is full of condescending teachers and staff members, there are only a few good teachers in the spanish department. I'm a native spanish speaker who came to the US when I was very young so I wanted to get my spanish grammar, reading and comprehension to a better level. That was not the case here, the teachers expect you to do their job and teach yourself because they are very bad at teaching most of the time, they are very smart but refuse to make things easy for students who don't get things immediately. When I complained about a specific teacher to the head of the department, she cursed me out and told me to stop bitching back in the fall of 2013. The ROTC program is very competitive and the clown that are contracted make you feel like you're an outsider if you don't fit in their smart ass circle, so I got kicked out because I wasn't recommend by the MS4s there, just because I didn't hang with them. So the teacher told me to not come back next semester.To finish here I'm just the type of student who wants to learn but I need to be taught by my teachers, if you want that don't come to this school, this school is for the people who want to get a $20,000 loan a semester and not work so they can spend 10 hours studying because the teachers don't teach anything and want to get ahead because they want straight As.

1st Year Male -- Class 2015