StudentsReview :: Wake Forest University - Comments and Student Experiences

Duke University -- Durham, NC

Wake Forest University

Wake Forest professes to

Feb 27 2013Undecided
Wake Forest professes to provide an individualized, personalized experiences, but the administration is bureaucratic, rigid and uninterested in the individual student (except for tuition $$).
2nd Year Male -- Class 2015
Social Life: A, Faculty Accessibility: F

WFU.... there is no

Jan 20 2013Biology
WFU.... there is no diversity and thus you loose a lot of possible learning and growing as a person. The school is also ridiculously expensive... the starting tuition is already really high and then they add all these random charges. Its pretty buts that all I got.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Campus Aesthetics: A, Faculty Accessibility: F

My first experience with Wake Forest epitomizes my

May 07 2011History/Histories (art history/etc.)
My first experience with Wake Forest epitomizes my sentiment toward the school as a whole. I arrived at the Quad on a warm September afternoon only to encounter a scene of depraved violence. To this day, the image is still engraved in my memories: a young, hefty Jewish man was being castrated with a hammer while a half dozen large frat boys proceeded to rape him violently. Students and faculty alike turned a blind eye to the scene which was occurring in broad daylight. I cried out to help the poor man, but I was quickly apprehended by campus security for causing a dispution.

My days seemed to grow longer. Following that incident, I had fortified myself in my dorm, leaving only to attend classes. I even defecated in a pot which I dumped out of the window, as the bathroom was outside of my dorm. The nights were easily the worst: the piercing screams of the unassuming students always resonated through my room on cue, and the rank odor of urine, blood, and feces managed to permeate throughout my room through the windows without fail.

To say that the classes were not challenging would be a gross understatement. My Civil War class was taught out of a paperback textbook, and the most demanding essay I had to write all year was 100 words long. I ended up spending approximately $200,000 for a glorified associate's degree.Bottom line: stay away.

Get free info from: Wake Forest University