StudentsReview :: Wake Technical Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Emory & Henry College -- Emory, VA
Bryant & Stratton College (Richmond) -- Richmond, VA
Davidson College -- Davidson, NC

Wake Technical Community College

I spoke with an adviser who was very

Nov 19 2012PreVet and Veterinary
I spoke with an adviser who was very condescending and made me feel unimportant. He seemed to have better things to do and he did not listen to what I had to say. By the end of the session I felt lost. I have had problems signing up for courses through out my whole experience at this college. Also, the administration seems too busy to help, they never answer my phone calls or reply to my emails/voicemails. I do love my teachers though, they are very nice and caring.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: D

The financial aid office is horrible

Aug 01 2012Biology
The financial aid office is horrible. It's been four weeks and my loans still have not been processed. My classes were dropped for non-payment even though I am waiting on my fiancial aid advisor to process it. No one will call me back or return emails. Contacting the dean of financial aid didn't help at all. These people are underpaid and lazy!!!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Faculty Accessibility: F

Here is the honest truth regarding Wake Tech:

Oct 04 2012Education
Here is the honest truth regarding Wake Tech: the social life is non-existant, the financial aid office is very annoying to deal with, you can't form any friendships since everyone leaves campus after class, the only way you can have friends is if you knew the person before coming to Wake Tech and having to commute 15 to 30 miles for one class is not fun.

However, after everything I've just said, the price of going to Wake Tech is it's main redeeming quality. Per semester, you shouldn't pay more than between 1000-2000 dollars and that, roughly, includes tuition and books. After that, there are really no other costs connected to Wake Tech.If you can live with staying at home for another two years like what I'm doing, than going to Wake Tech and transferring out to a four year university is a smart option.

Emory & Henry College -- Emory, VA