StudentsReview ™ :: The University of North Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's University of Minnesota -- Winona, MN

The University of North Dakota

Came here for aviation as I had some

Mar 25 2014Aerospace Engineering
Came here for aviation as I had some friends doing the ATC program and commercial aviation. After 2 years, I have decided I have had enough with this school and have officially been accepted into a school in Michigan for aviation. Fact: If you don't finish all your flying by the end of the semester, you fail the ground portion as well and they make you re-take the ground portion next semester. Fact: The faculty aren't the worst, mainly laid off airline pilots with no desire to teach.

Sprint, don't walk, away from this school

Mar 04 2014PreMed and Medical
Sprint, don't walk, away from this school. Horrible institution for many majors (besides aviation and biology). Had many opportunities to transfer out, chose to "stick with it." Most miserable four years of my life. Close-minded professors, students, and community members. Racism everywhere. My friends and I joke that this place is a time-machine straight to the 70's: worldviews, buildings, you name it. If you have another option than this school, for the love of God: take it.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Campus Aesthetics: F

I really dislike attending this university

Jan 14 2014Aerospace Engineering
I really dislike attending this university. The aviation department takes a lot of money for what they offer and they treat me as if I were still in high school, not like a customer. The social scene is terrible since students have to deal with the gestapo-like campus police force. Not the mention the weather is so ridiculously frigid... However, I have met a lot of nice fellow students and a few nice professors, but that is not enough to prevent me from leaving.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017