StudentsReview :: The University of North Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's University of Minnesota -- Winona, MN

The University of North Dakota

Graduated from UND's CTI ATC program in 2013

Jun 22 2014Other
Graduated from UND's CTI ATC program in 2013 and over a year later I'm still waiting around with no job. I double majored in commercial aviation, but the pay at the regional airlines are so low ($16-20,000/yr). I ended up getting a job back home flying skydivers, but it isn't paying the bills. I was told about all kinds of great connections UND has and I would easily get a great paying job. Over a year later, I'm still broke and wondering why I didn't get a degree in business. Don't waste your money here, go somewhere and get a regular degree. If flying is what you want, go to ATP because they truly have connections. UND doesn't. As for the other comments about rude staff.. Its true, but thats just how they are up there
Preparedness: D+ Reputation: F

Despite reading reviews about this college on this

Jun 14 2014Other
Despite reading reviews about this college on this site and others, I decided to try my luck and enrolled in the Commercial Aviation degree program because I want to become an airline pilot. My biggest complaint isn't the -30's temps or the fact that there's nothing to do, but rather the professors that work in the aviation program show little interest in being helpful. I was shocked that my aviation professors were so mean and arrogant. The flight instructors are simply there to build time and get out. I felt like I was 'just a number'. I've decided to transfer to another school and pursue my flight training at a local school. If the faculty cared more about the students and valued their customers, then they wouldn't see so many students walking out the door after the first year and they wouldn't have to devote so much money into marketing!

UND gets cold in the in winter and

Jul 11 2014Business - Management and Administration
UND gets cold in the in winter and I mean really cold so be warned. The school has a lot of aviation and Physical Therapy students too. I did study abroad here and they sent me to a horrible school in France and did not help me find housing. I actually left for study abroad to France without housing. And when I tried to tell a Dean that said she was interested in hearing about my experience, she never responded. I loved the people I met, but this is not the right school to attend if you want a smooth study abroad experience.

Also, things can get pretty bureaucratic here and that gets annoying when applying for FAFSA, applying for the school, and when trying to get into classes that need permission numbers. I could have made friends at any school so taking that out, I would never have come here. Im frustrated in the inability for change to happen and the fact that my voice does not seem to be heard even when I do get to talk to Dean's and other people that could make change.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015