StudentsReview :: The University of North Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's University of Minnesota -- Winona, MN

The University of North Dakota

Transferred after finishing multi engine and 2 yearsQuite BrightOther
Transferred after finishing multi engine and 2 years of school. Fed up with the way things are run. If you don't finish your flying by the end of the semester, you fail the class even if you had an A in the ground school. Professors are terrible. I had CRM and Meteorology with teachers that couldn't speak english. Air China students got priority over me during stage checks, causing me to miss Christmas with my family and just waiting around until I got called. They told us 68% of students that start out in private pilot don't make it to multi engine. I think there's a reason so many people leave UND, like myself. My main complaint has to do with the professors. It's not a place conducive to learning.
2nd Year Male -- Class 1920
Where to start.AverageOther
Where to start. I came to und with 100 hours and having a PPL. When i started i was in denial that it wasa fun. It was not. It was awful. From the start of your aviation education at UND Aerospace, the department will criticize to you will cry. The Dean of Student service, They are terrible. I came into college with academic accommodations. So I got the accommodations and i went to the teachers. 2/6 accepted my accommodations. I will say that is a terrible score. There was a Prof. Called Tom Zeidlik. He scared the living shit out of me, because he said that I falsified my FAA medical and commited a federal crime. After I heard that news, i was in panic. But luckly I checked the facts that with an AME at UND aero. He said he i was fine. Thank you Tom Zeidlik for traumatizing my experience at UND. The flying is so boring but that is how flying big jets is. Buttons, GPS, IFR, screen flying. Dont get me started at flying VFR in ND. It is impossible. They are going to force you to fly VFR in the clear of day and not use GPS. But the problem of looking outside in ND is that everything looks the F..... same. Did i tell you that the CFI's are inconsistent. Some are not helpful, and they just care about their hours for the regional requirements, and some are rude, power-hungry and non of the Instructors have experience outside of UND and they also dont have any teaching experience. The UND bubble look it up and dont get stuck in the bubble. It is dangerous in the bubble. The mental health issue problem at UND AERO is ironic and sad. I have left UND due to depression. I knew from my experience with the accommodations at UND it would not be a good idea to stick around and try to finish my childhood dream, because i knew the FAA and UND would be on my ass and i wouldn't be able to finish my multi engine course. The ironic part of the mental health part is that there is a Psychology department at the school and there are clinical psychology graduat students at the school. The psych department they want to help as many students there is. There is one problem with that, UND AERO they don't WANT STUDENTS TO SEEK MENTAL HELP. I have heard when students do seek mental help and the students say they are in aviation. UND AERO steps in and GOES AGAINST THE CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENT. By the way that is a federal crime. O ya UND AERO they have had a suicide when a student was flying solo. No one talks about it and the scary part is that no one talks about on how to prevent suicides in the air. SAFTEY MY ASS UND AERO.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, University Resource Use: F
I spent at least $150,000 at their flight school and at theQuite BrightOther
I spent at least $150,000 at their flight school and at the end I wasnt allowed to be one of their flight instructors. Go to ATP or another school dont bother with this rip off institution. I think the school should do the right thing and give me my money back because they are deceptive towards pilot job outlooks.
4th Year Male -- Class 2011