StudentsReview :: The University of North Dakota - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's University of Minnesota -- Winona, MN

The University of North Dakota

Oct 25 2014Nursing

very poor quality education, simply they do not care about students, all what they want is your money.

1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: C+, Faculty Accessibility: F

UND gets cold in the in winter and

Jul 11 2014Business - Management and Administration
UND gets cold in the in winter and I mean really cold so be warned. The school has a lot of aviation and Physical Therapy students too. I did study abroad here and they sent me to a horrible school in France and did not help me find housing. I actually left for study abroad to France without housing. And when I tried to tell a Dean that said she was interested in hearing about my experience, she never responded. I loved the people I met, but this is not the right school to attend if you want a smooth study abroad experience.

Also, things can get pretty bureaucratic here and that gets annoying when applying for FAFSA, applying for the school, and when trying to get into classes that need permission numbers. I could have made friends at any school so taking that out, I would never have come here. Im frustrated in the inability for change to happen and the fact that my voice does not seem to be heard even when I do get to talk to Dean's and other people that could make change.

4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Individual Value: C-

University of North Dakota is a cheap state

Oct 04 2014PreDent and Dentistry
University of North Dakota is a cheap state school with a very wide array of programs that you can't find for 3 times the yearly tuition at university is warmer more densely populated states. I love Grand Forks though it is among the top 5 coldest cities in the countty. Winters are harsh but beautiful and one gets the chance to see all four seasons here. My two biggest complaints are 1.Expect to be here at least if not a full 6 years. The way science, math, and engineering classes are set up in sets only offered at certain intervals you're not getting out of here in 4 years period. This is my 3rd of my 6th in a program that's supposed to take 4 due to classes sequences and resultant progress impediment. 2. In the name of diversity a lot of riff raff is being recruited. I do not say that from a racist standpoint, because I myself am a minority, but every year since my arrival the quality of diversity has gone down. Now there are a lot of people who look more at home on the street corners of Chicago than a quiet out of the way university. That is the primary reason I don't recommend campus housing. The incidences of loud cars beat boxing and running into generally shifty looking individuals after dark has increased 10?, subtracted from campus safety, and overall peace of mind. Get an apartment with your friends and hightail it off campus at dusk instead. Most students don't live on campus anyway.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2017