StudentsReview :: Hastings College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hastings College

Jan 08 2014Economics
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This school is a complete joke. Do not go here it is completely worthless. The classes and faculty are terrible it is worse then a community college by far. All the students get drunk every single day they can and the dorms and uncontrolled and obnoxiously loud. You can find Busch light cans all around campus every Monday. Also everyone there is on a "sports" scholarship to try to recruit students but the sports teams and coaches are terrible its worse then high school sports with exception of the soccer team. In my opinion this school was a complete waste of money nothing gained at all.
Mar 03 2013Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Attending Hastings College has done little to nothing positive for me in life. It has more likely damaged my prospects for a bright future in the world. All HC has given me since my graduation in May of 2010 is over $25,000 dollars in debt from student loans that are slowly being paid off and continually accruing interest.

Looking back, I wish I would have taken a year off or more after graduating from high school to really think about what I wanted to do with my life. I still do not know what my purpose / niche is.

I feel like HC decieved me from the get-go. Flashing all the pros in front of my face and zero cons on college visits and through my four years of college with my "advisors". I was under the impression the entire time that most of my schooling was being paid for via scholarships. I expected a debt closer or less than $10,000. I should have taken more initiative and done more homework on the whole situation. I honestly see HC as a glorified high school that teaches very few skills if any at all that any person would require to be successful in the real world.P.S. I chose HC because I wanted to play baseball and liked the city of Hastings. Many students choose HC for the variety of sports they offer. However, all the teams have a surplus of athletes. The coaches "weed out" athletes that are not brown-nosers or that are plain not that good. Make one mistake and you're off the team permanently, no second chances given and no forgiveness.

Starting Job: Apprentice Electrician Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Jan 17 2012Journalism
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Hastings is awesome. I have lived in Nebraska for most of my life, and wanted a change after my high school graduation, but after going on a college visit to Hastings, I feel in love.I am in the middle of my first year here, and it's going great. The courses are a little tough, but the proffessors work with you and are always available to help you one on one. The campus is nice and easy to get around. Our sports complexes are unbelievably nice, and its easy to become involved in sports or other extracurricular activities. I would say that the down points to school here, is it is a private school, so the tuition is higher than a normal university, and if cold weather isnt your thing then you are out of luck, because it gets freezing here. Other than that I strongly recomend this school. I guarantee you will get your money's worth.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014