StudentsReview :: Franklin Pierce University - Comments and Student Experiences

Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Franklin Pierce University

I attended Franklin Pierce University as a freshmanBrightComputer Science
I attended Franklin Pierce University as a freshman in fall 2015. After one semester the school out done themselves to provide me a horrible college experience. Where do I begin? Let's start with the location, it is in the woods. You would need a car or take the one shuttle bus just to leave campus otherwise your stuck. Yes, I did my research and I know the surrounding area of the school is rural but I did not let it bother me however there the problems just continue to stack up as we continue. The freshman dorms are filthy to the point where hall meeting became more of a routine rather than solving the problem. If you have problems with your room/room mates and expect Residential Life to do their job to make you feel comfortable at Franklin Pierce, you got to be kidding me. They don't care about you, all they want is their salary. As long as they get your money everything is whatever. I lived in a triple dorm room with 2 other people, and let me tell you it was hell. They are jocks on the baseball team so where to begin with these lil' rugrats, they will leave tons of garbage on my side of the room, and have parties every single day. The list goes on...but worst of all imagine being sex illed every weekend, late at night with nowhere to go and its freezing outside. It's hell, if you fill out that survey don't expect the outcome to be pretty. The faculty told me they don't even look at them. The students at this school are very snooty, all they do is party, drink excessive amount of alcohol and get high on drugs. You would occasionally find some students who care about their education but they keep to themselves so it is nearly impossible to socialize with them. The school work is mostly busy work especially the pre requisite courses. It mandatory so you have to take them. I despise composition 1 because most of the material you learn is easily forgotten, because it holds little to no real life value, and it is busy work. Your teacher will make you do a 4 page Rhetorical Analysis and a 4 page Annotated Bibliography on poverty in America. It is pretty much the same assignment just organized differently. In the classroom the student looked like mindless zombies, with little to no enthusiasm. A lot of the professors are horrible, only a small handful will actually teach you something. One of my teachers emailed me saying that the final exam was cancelled, I got a text from one of the classmates saying, "HAHA your the only one who was not here for the exam". What is this Franklin Pierce? Is this a joke? I swear this school is racist, one of my First Year Inquiry professors told the class that, "Left Handed People are the devils minions," and then turned and look at me. Yea and I bet Hitler "right handed" is a good man? One of the African American students told me that this school is racists, apparently one free ice cream day for all the freshmans, apparently he didn't get anything. It's ironic too because my roommates and his own roommates would talk a lot of crap behind his back as if they're 100% perfect. I don't know man, this school is hell. With the school's spooky location they should turn it into a haunted house, avoid the boys and girls bathrooms at all cost. It's a shame we value education to the point so many students go into so much debt and get nothing out of it. The school is $48,000/yr and students are going in there to get a history degree. PARENTS DIDN'T YOU HEAR? MANY OF THESE COLLEGE DEGREE IS WORTHLESS! Let's be honest with ourselves, everybody got one and that is why tons of young graduates can't find jobs even because they're scarce but most of all they lack experience. I want to be a skilled software programmer when I grow up, I am not going to rely on college to teach me worthless material, most of which I will never use. I am learning as an apprentice from someone who is good at his job, thanks to networking online. What is your plan to educate yourself and how can use that education to better yourself? I'm not saying a college degree is completely useless, but it is highly overvalued. If anybody came up to me and said I got a quality education at Franklin Pierce, that'll make me laugh!
1st Year Male -- Class 1921
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Education Quality: F
Don't be fooled by open houses or tours.Quite BrightNatural Resources
Don't be fooled by open houses or tours. Admissions is the only department that cares about studentserving and that's only temporary. If you stay you learn you are just a number and that most people care more about themselves then helping you suceed. The price for this school is too high for the quality of education and student life you recieve.
4th Year Female -- Class 2015
Perceived Campus Safety: B+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Had really high hopes for university.BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
Had really high hopes for university. They make it so welcoming and clean during open houses. This does not reflect the university at all. Maintance cleans bathrooms and halls once a week. It is very dirty. Some professors are awesome but some don't provide much help. Nothing to do around campus and the school only puts on a couple of events not much. If you aren't playing a sport then there's practically nothing to do. Registar is the worst department they are so rude. I have watched several people from my class transfer after first semester. Now that second semester is over I have explored other colleges that offer more options and will be transferring. I suggest you visit on your own. And ask tough questions about how many students transfer and how often the buildings are cleaned. Also ask about other departments admissions and career services are the only departments that are helpful and nice.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018