StudentsReview :: Franklin Pierce University - Comments and Student Experiences

Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA

Franklin Pierce University

Dec 14 2014Finance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Honestly if you are going to go to this school you better be planning on being on a sports team or using it to get into a better school. There is little to do around here unless you plan on driving 30 minutes to another school or town, its extremely small, in the middle of no where, and its always cold. If you like that come here. I am here for a specific program where I can get my undergrad in 3 years and my masters in 1 so I am not really here for the school I guess. I would only recommend this school to people who love sports because that is what this school is about. Don't plan on keeping many friends around because I would guess about half the school transfers by the end of your sophomore year. Oh and the food is just awful on campus. Disregard what people say. Very rarely is food changed up although this year they are at least making an effort to change some things. OH AND IF THE COACH TELLS YOU HE WANTS YOU TO PLAY BASEBALL HERE YOU BETTER BE A DIVISION 1 PROSPECT. I cant tell you how many kids that go to this school are here to play baseball. Whoever the coach is brings in roughly 30 guys each year for something like 6 or 7 spots. Plus he always brings in transfer students so most of the kids barely play.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2016
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Individual Value: F
Dec 05 2014Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
The Franklin Pierce Life. It is shittier then you would believe. Where to start....alright, the good is that the teachers will help you and career service helps you get a job ,plus the views are nice. The bad, classes are sometimes too easy, the food, made by Sodexho, makes you go like you have a stomach back. The place is clean, sometimes. There is plenty of alcohol and drugs if you are bored, ranging from marijuana to cocaine, which has recently become a larger problem for upperclassmen. Oh, and even though as freshmen, you have to build yourself up to better housing just like in life, the freshmeb housing is small, cladtrophobic, and falling apart (radiator in my room burst and destroyed some of my stuff but school wouldn't replace any of it without some form of receipt, while it was broken, I was forcefully reassigned temporarily to another room with some random person I didn't know, it took almost 3 days to fix it and it was hard retrieving any school supplies from my room. I couldn't stay in my room because, supposedly, their insurance wouldn't cover my death by fumes). The sophomore dorm, Cheshire, has also been evacuated almost 23 times for propane leaks which is awkward since their supposed insurance doesn't cover death by fumes....don't come here. This is from a straight A student who is being offered 30 grand to go here, I only pay in loans about 15 grand a year, but they do everything in their power here to make you uncomfortable. Oh, and according to Franklin Pierce history, there has been a small number of suicides here. Don't come here, it is depressing and not worth it. This is a 95% acceptance rate school because they need your money, grades don't matter to them, they will take anyone. The school is 30 million in debt and is rumored to be threatened to shut down in coming years. The last thing I'll mention is that I came here for business and mechanical engineering or computer tech. It wasn't till I actually paid them and came here did they admit that they dropped both mechanical engineering and computer tech as majors and minors. They screwed a lot if people by shutting down those departments, especially those who were halfway done those majors/minors. I think you get the point.
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: B, Scholastic Success: F
Nov 14 2014Social Work
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I wasn't informed that they had gotten rid of my major until the second day of classes.