StudentsReview ™ :: Hesser College - Comments and Student Experiences

BONUS: McIntosh College -- Dover, NH

Hesser College

I was a highschool dropout and after getting

Sep 25 2010Psychology
I was a highschool dropout and after getting my GED I wanted to go onto college and I had a wonderful experience.

You get out what you put into something. I was very serious about college and the teachers there were wonderful and very knowledgable. The teachers were always willing to asist their students.

I was given a college scholarship and so I didn't have to take out any loans. That is the kind of college Hesser is.

Linwood Galuecia (President at the time) He really took pride in watching students grow and learn and would always do what he could to make that possible.Hesser is now owned by Kaplan so I do not know if I would attend again.

Starting Job: Supervisor Preparedness: B- Reputation: B-

I happened to be browsing for info on

Jul 28 2010Criminal
I happened to be browsing for info on Hesser College and I ran accross this website. First off... I have to say WOW. It appears to me like some of these complainers can't even form a proper sentence or articulate a meaningfull review without pointing fingers and making childish remarks.

I am a proud graduate of Hesser College and I never had an issue in any of the three campuses I attended (Manchester/Nashua/Portsmouth)

To the young lady who claimed Hesser was $22,000.00 a year and that tuition goes up every year?
I graduated in 2007 with a bachelors degree for $24,000.00
Some of you should be embarrassed for what you have written.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2007
Friendliness: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C

I don't mind Hesser except for a few

May 23 2010Criminal
I don't mind Hesser except for a few things. I'm a student at the Concord Campus where we have NO SECURITY AT ALL!! We've had vehicles broken into, we've had thefts of many kind and JUST NOW got a "security officer" who's only on AT NIGHT!! The professors are AWESOME in the field. I took an intro to paralegal course and the professor WAS AMAZING. I was only taking the course as an elective but we did SO much work for an intro course I LOVED IT. As far as the criminal justice program goes, I've had my share of great teachers and horrible teachers. When I started we had a handful of CJ professors and I love the fact that they are in the field so you get personal experience. Now we're down to 2 CJ professors. OF COURSE the one I have for a 400 level course this term LEAVES before the students and tells us NOT TO STAY PAST A CERTAIN TIME!! HELLO, you're the professor, you leave AFTER we do! Not to mention, there's only 3 of us in the course, including myself, the only reason they were running it is because we need it to graduate! THEN my Academic Advisor tells me I can't take Senior Seminar because it's one of the last classes I take for my degree. UMM I only have 6 classes left after this term 3 of which are Sociology electives!!! WHY COULDN'T I TAKE SEMINAR AGAIN?!?!?! I'm done in DECEMBER, now I have to wait for the freaken seminar to come around NEXT YEAR?!? That's BULL!!! Then come to find out, I'm not the only one they put in this situation! THEN December term, this person cheats in BOTH my classes, I bring it to the dean NOTHING GETS DONE! Someone gets caught with the answers to a mid term on their i-pod BY THE PROFESSOR, nothing gets done about it! They say cheating is not allowed and consequences will be served...YEA OKAY!!! I really enjoy the school but I just can't wait to be done after all this bull. It just started happening too and I'm already fed up with it.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011