StudentsReview :: Hesser College - Comments and Student Experiences

BONUS: McIntosh College -- Dover, NH

Hesser College

Hesser College is an average private college located in

Mar 16 2010Physical Therapy/Exercise Science
Hesser College is an average private college located in Manchester, NH. Some teachers are good, some are bad, most are average. The PT department specifically is wonderfull. The catch is that the tutition with fees is currently OVER $22,000 a YEAR!!! This is an outrageous amount to charge! You can attend UNH in state for about $8,000 a year. There are also MA schools that will graduate you with the same degree (Physical Therapy Assistant) for $8,000.
1st Year Male -- Class 2012
Friendliness: A, Education Quality: F

Getting in to this school is a joke

Dec 03 2010Interior Design
Getting in to this school is a joke. Anyone can get in this school. Last night I was in the hall after class and there was some big riot in a psychology class! Students were yelling and crying. It was chaos. I had issues before and went to the dean, dude he didn't do ANYTHING. What is the point? No one cares. I talked to my advisor and she was trying to make things better but ultimately it is the way the school is run. It is depressing there. Classes that I need Never available and the stupid classes I have to take are with crazy people. The teachers look like war victims and have no control over the class. I seriously want my money back. Do yourself a favor and choose another school. I heard that it is owned by Kaplan now and that is why it is so bad. Every time I want to talk to someone I worked with before they are gone because they got fired or they just left. Don't go here.

I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser

Jun 25 2013Other
I took a Medical Assisting Course at Hesser College. The teachers were uneducated and uninformative. One teacher actually advised the students in an ethics class to "fake it, until they make it." The work was grade school handouts and color in diagrams. You learn nothing and test are based on your ability to memorize words. I completed all the "mods" and passed with a 4.0gpa as I am sure everyone else did. The lab work was practiced in unsanitary and uncomfortable conditions. After completion of these so called mods. I was supposed to be placed in a facility to obtain "practice hours" with a reputable practice. That never happened. The career placement team are never available and offer no help at all. I did not obtain my certification and Hesser College did not hold up their end of the deal. Tution is outrageously high and it was a massive waste of time. In the end I am totally screwed out of money with nothing to show. If I could sue for my tuition money to be returned, I would take every legal action I could possible take. This "college" needs to be put of of business. They pray on the poor, desperate and uneducated.

Similar by Safety